Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 11-17 (3-6 PL); Last Week: 1-1
Scoreboard: Lehigh 3, Holy Cross 0, Bethlehem, Pa., 10/22
Holy Cross 3, Lafayette 1, Easton, Pa., 10/23
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 30 vs. Army, Worcester, Mass., 5:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team (11-17 overall, 3-6 Patriot League) will play Army (15-10 overall, 8-1 Patriot League) on Saturday, Oct. 30, at the Holy Cross Field House at 5:00 p.m. With five regular season Patriot League matches remaining, the Crusaders are in sixth place in the Patriot League standings, while the Black Knights are in second place.
- The Crusaders lost to Army earlier this season by a 3-0 score on Oct. 9. Holy Cross has lost nine straight matches to Army, as the Crusaders last victory over the Black Knights was by a 3-2 score on Nov. 12, 2005.
- Holy Cross' 11 wins are its most since going 11-14 in 2001, while its 3-6 Patriot League record is its best after nine matches since the 2004 season when it was also 3-6. Holy Cross would go onto finish 6-8 in the conference that season. The Crusaders are 3-3 in five-set matches this season. Last year they went 0-5. The Crusaders are 7-8 in three-setters and 1-6 in four-setters.
- The Crusaders have won 45 sets so far this year. The 45 sets won are the most for Holy Cross since winning 46 in 2000.
- The Crusaders are 7-5 at the Holy Cross Field House so far this season. Last season, Holy Cross went 3-8 in Worcester. Holy Cross is 2-4 on a neutral court and 2-8 on its opponent's home court.
- Holy Cross leads the Patriot League in kills (1,153), assists (1,047) and digs (1,576). The Crusaders are second in aces (139).
- The Crusaders' 1,153 kills are sixth all-time at Holy Cross. Also their 1,047 assists and 1,576 are fourth.
- Sophomore Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) leads the Patriot League with 371 kills and is third with 3.60 kills per set. Her 3.60 kills per set are ranked 96th in the nation. Her 371 kills this season are tied for second all-time at Holy Cross for a single season as she recorded 371 kills last season as a freshman. The all-time record is 396 by Caitlin Agostinacchio in 2004. Lynch's 742 career kills are sixth all-time at Holy Cross. She has recorded double-digit kills in 22 of the 28 matches this season as she has either led or tied for the team-lead in kills in 25 matches. Lynch has 17 double-doubles this season and 24 for her career. She is second on the team with a career-best 329 digs as her 3.19 digs per set are ninth in the conference. Her 329 digs are also ninth all-time for a single season at Holy Cross. For her career, Lynch has 562 digs.
- Senior Angela Chisholm (Millis, Mass.) is only the fifth Crusader to record 1,000 career digs as her 1,085 career digs are also ranked fifth all-time at Holy Cross. So far this season she leads the team with 372 digs and 3.61 digs per set. She is ranked first in the Patriot League in digs and is seventh in digs per set. Her 372 digs this season are a career best and are third all-time at Holy Cross. She has recorded double-digit digs in 21 matches this season.
- Senior setter Chelsey O'Donnell (Pittsburgh, Pa.) holds the Holy Cross career assists record as she now has 3,289. O'Donnell's career-best 911 assists this year lead the Patriot League and are third all-time at Holy Cross for a single season, while her 8.84 assists per set are third in the Patriot League. She has 11 double-doubles this season and 30 for her career. O'Donnell's 93 kills so far this season are a career best. She has 113 career aces which are fifth all-time at Holy Cross as her 33 this season lead the Patriot League. She also has 852 career digs which are seventh all-time at the school as she has a career-best 254 this year.
- Junior Kathleen Colpoys (Scituate, Mass.) leads the team and is ranked ninth in the Patriot League with a .255 hitting percentage. She also leads the team with a career-best 52 total blocks and is second on the team with 197 kills. For her career she has 128 blocks and 500 kills.
- Senior Rebecca DeSanti (Hampden, Mass.) is having a career season as her 132 kills, 103 digs and 17 aces are the best for her career. She is tied for third on the team in kills.
- Freshman Alex Aycock (Jonesboro, Ark.) is second on the team this season with 1.99 kills per set. Sophomore Elizabeth Watters (San Francisco, Calif.) is third on the team with a career-best 283 digs. Sophomore Liz Ashton (Milford, Mass.) is second on the team with a career-best 46 blocks and is first with 0.60 blocks per set, while she also has a career-best 92 kills. Sophomore Callie Black (Fallon, Nev.) is third on the team with 35 blocks and is second with 0.57 blocks per set, while she has also recorded 68 kills. Freshman Christiana Blakeslee (Ashtabula, Ohio) has demonstrated her versatility as she has contributed in all aspects of the sport as she has 57 kills, 25 assists, 17 blocks and 30 digs.