Crusaders To Play Three Straight Home Matches
Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 9-14 (2-3 PL); Last Week: 1-1
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 3, Bryant 2, Worcester, Mass., 10/6
Army 3, Holy Cross 0, West Point, N.Y., 10/9
Schedule: Wednesday, Oct. 13 vs. Quinnipiac, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 15 vs. Colgate, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 16 vs. Bucknell, Worcester, Mass., 4:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team (9-14 overall, 2-3 Patriot League) will play three matches this week at the Holy Cross Field House. The Crusaders will take on Quinnipiac (4-14 overall, 2-3 NEC) on Wednesday, Oct. 13, at 7:00 p.m., Colgate (10-9 overall, 3-2 Patriot League) on Friday, Oct. 15, at 7:00p.m., and Bucknell (6-11 overall, 4-1 Patriot League) on Saturday, Oct. 16, at 4:00 p.m.
- The Crusaders defeated Quinnipiac earlier this season by a 3-0 score at the Holy Cross Field House on Aug. 27. Last season, the Crusaders lost both matches to Colgate as they fell 3-2 on the road and 3-0 at home. Holy Cross has lost 10 straight matches to the Raiders with its last win being on Nov. 12, 2004. Last year, Holy Cross went 1-1 versus the Bison with a 3-0 loss on the road and a 3-1 victory at home in the second meeting of the season. The win was Holy Cross' first over the Bison since Oct. 6, 2001 as Bucknell had won 16 straight over the Crusaders.
- Holy Cross' nine wins are already its most since going 11-14 in 2001. The Crusaders' 2-3 Patriot League record is their best record after five matches since also being 2-3 in 2004.
- The Crusaders are 3-2 in five-set matches this season. Last year they went 0-5. The Crusaders are 6-7 in three-setters and 0-5 in four-setters.
- The Crusaders are 6-3 at the Holy Cross Field House so far this season. Last season, Holy Cross went 3-8 in Worcester. Holy Cross is 2-4 on a neutral court and 1-7 on its opponent's home court.
- Holy Cross has already won more sets than they did last season. The Crusaders have won 36 so far this year and won 31 last season. The 36 sets won are the most for Holy Cross since winning 42 in 2001.
- Holy Cross leads the Patriot League in kills (929) and digs (1,268), while the Crusaders are second in assists (843) and third in aces (117).
- Senior setter Chelsey O'Donnell (Pittsburgh, Pa.) now has 3,102 career assists as Michelle Leahy (2001-2004) holds the all-time Holy Cross record with 3,177 career assists. O'Donnell leads the Patriot League with 724 assists, while she is third with 8.62 assists per set. She has eight double-doubles this season and 27 for her career. O'Donnell's 78 kills so far this season are already a career best. She has 107 career aces which are tied for fifth all-time at Holy Cross as her 27 this season lead the team. She also has 803 career digs which are 10th all-time at the school as she has 205 this year.
- Senior Angela Chisholm (Millis, Mass.) is only the fifth Crusader to record 1,000 career digs as her 1,013 career digs are also ranked fifth all-time at Holy Cross. So far this season she leads the team with 300 digs and 3.57 digs per set. She is ranked first in the Patriot League in digs and is sixth in digs per set. She has recorded double-digit digs in 16 matches this season.
- Sophomore Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) leads the Patriot League with 300 kills and is third with 3.57 kills per set. Her 300 kills are ninth all-time at Holy Cross for a season. She has recorded double-digit kills in 18 of the 23 matches this season as she has either led or tied for the team-lead in kills in 21 matches. Lynch has 14 double-doubles this season and 21 for her career. She is second on the team with a career-best 257 digs as her 3.06 digs per set are 10th in the conference. For her career, Lynch has 671 kills and 490 digs.
- Junior Kathleen Colpoys (Scituate, Mass.) leads the team and is ranked third in the Patriot League with a .276 hitting percentage. She also leads the team with 35 total blocks and is second on the team with 159 kills. For her career she has 111 blocks and 462 kills.
- Senior Rebecca DeSanti (Hampden, Mass.) is having a career season as her 132 kills, 103 digs and 17 aces are the best for her career. She is third on the team in kills.