Crusaders To Take On Harvard And Then Play At Brown Invitational
Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 4-8 (0-0 PL); Last Week: 1-3
Scoreboard: Hartford 3, Holy Cross 2, Worcester, Mass., 9/7
Holy Cross 3, Boston College 2, Smithfield, R.I., 9/10
Bryant 3, Holy Cross 1, Smithfield, R.I., 9/11
Manhattan 3, Holy Cross 1, Smithfield, R.I., 9/11
Schedule: Tuesday, Sept. 14 vs. Harvard, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 17 at Brown, Providence, R.I., 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 18 vs. Boston College, Providence, R.I., 12:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 18 vs. Rhode Island, Providence, R.I., 5:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team (4-8 overall) will play four matches this week. The Crusaders will take on Harvard (2-5 overall) on Tuesday, Sept. 14, at 7:00 p.m., at the Holy Cross Field House, while the Crusaders will then compete at the Brown Invitational on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 17-18. Holy Cross will play Brown (3-4 overall) on Friday at 7:30 p.m., while on Saturday the Crusaders will take on Boston College (5-5 overall) at noon and Rhode Island (6-3 overall) at 5:00 p.m.
- Holy Cross lost at Harvard, 3-1, last season as the Crimson have won 15 straight over the Crusaders. Holy Cross' last win versus Harvard was by a 3-1 score in 1993. Last season, Holy Cross played Brown twice and lost by scores of 3-2 and 3-1. The Bears have won 17 consecutive matches over Holy Cross. The Crusaders last win in the series was on Oct. 20, 1987. Last week's win over Boston College was the Crusaders' second win over the Eagles this season as Holy Cross defeated Boston College by a 3-0 score in the season-opener for both teams on Aug. 27. Before this season the Eagles had won 15 straight over Holy Cross. The Rams have won six straight over the Crusaders.
- Holy Cross' 1.65 aces per set are second in the Patriot League and its .160 hitting percentage is tied for second. The Crusaders' 14.71 digs per set are ranked third in the conference, while their 10.06 assists per set are fourth and their 10.98 kills per set are tied for fourth.
- Sophomore Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) recorded double-doubles in three of the four matches on the week as she led the team with 63 kills, while she also tallied 54 digs. She was named to the All-Tournament team at the Bryant Invitational. Lynch tallied double-digit digs in all four matches on the week. She has eight double-doubles on the season and 15 for her career. She has recorded double-digit kills in 10 of the 12 matches so far this season, while she has also tallied double-digit kills in 10 matches this season. Lynch leads the Patriot League with 165 kills and is tied for third with 3.44 kills per set. She is tied for second on the team with 147 digs as her 3.06 digs per set are tied for 10th in the conference.
- Senior Rebecca DeSanti (Hampden, Mass.) had a career night versus BC with 17 kills and 14 digs. This was her second double-double of the season and of her career as her 86 kills are second on the team. She is ranked third on the team with 15 service aces as she had one career ace before this season. Her 15 aces are third in the Patriot League. Her 47 digs are already a career best as her 34 digs last season was her previous best in that category.
- Senior setter Chelsey O'Donnell (Pittsburgh, Pa.) leads the Patriot League with 402 assists, while she is third with 8.38 assists per set. She has five double-doubles this season and 24 for her career. O'Donnell now has 2,780 career assists which are second all-time at Holy Cross. O'Donnell is second on the team and in the league with 17 service aces and has 97 for her career.
- Senior Angela Chisholm (Millis, Mass.) has 860 career digs which are ranked sixth all-time at Holy Cross. So far this season she has 147 digs and her 3.06 digs per set are tied for second on the team and 10th in the conference.
- Sophomore Elizabeth Watters (San Francisco, Calif.) leads the team with 156 digs as her 3.25 digs per set are seventh in the Patriot League. She leads the Patriot League with 18 service aces.
- Junior Kathleen Colpoys (Scituate, Mass.) leads the team and is ranked eighth in the Patriot League with a .259 hitting percentage. She leads the team with 20 total blocks. Colpoys is second on the team with 82 kills.
- Holy Cross is 2-2 so far this season in five-set matches. Last season the Crusaders went 0-5 in five-setters.