Volleyball To Play Hartford; Then Compete At Bryant Invitational
Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 3-5 (0-0 PL); Last Week: 1-3
Scoreboard: Providence 3, Holy Cross 1, Providence, R.I., 9/1
Holy Cross 3, NJIT 2, Poughkeepsie, N.Y., 9/4
Marist 3, Holy Cross 0, Poughkeepsie, N.Y., 9/4
Marist 3, Holy Cross 1, Poughkeepsie, N.Y., 9/5
Schedule: Tuesday, Sept. 7 vs. Hartford, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 10 vs. Boston College, Smithfield, R.I., 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 11 at Bryant, Smithfield, R.I., 12:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 11 vs. Manhattan, Smithfield, R.I., 5:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team (3-5 overall) will play four matches this week. The Crusaders will meet Hartford (0-7 overall) on Tuesday, Sept. 7, at 7:00 p.m., at the Holy Cross Field House, while the Crusaders will then compete at the Bryant Invitational on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 10-11. Holy Cross will play Boston College (4-3 overall) on Friday at 6:00 p.m., while on Saturday the Crusaders will take on Bryant (4-3 overall) at noon and Manhattan (1-4 overall) at 5:00 p.m. Holy Cross defeated Boston College by a 3-0 score in the season-opener for both teams on Aug. 27 at the Beanpot Classic at the Holy Cross Field House, while last season the Crusaders went 2-0 versus Bryant. In the last meeting between the two schools, Manhattan defeated Holy Cross, 3-0, on Sept. 11, 1999. The Crusaders last victory over the Jaspers was a 2-0 win on Nov. 5, 1988.
- Sophomore Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) recorded double-doubles in three of the four matches on the week as she led the team with 54 kills and tied for the team lead with 55 digs. She had a season-best 18 kills in the win over NJIT. Lynch tallied double-digit kills in all four matches on the week as she has recorded double-digit kills in seven of the eight matches so far this season. She has five double-doubles on the season and 12 for her career. Lynch leads the Patriot League with 102 kills and is fourth with 3.40 kills per set. She also leads the team with 93 digs as her 3.10 digs per set are ranked ninth in the conference.
- Senior setter Chelsey O'Donnell (Pittsburgh, Pa.) is second in the Patriot League with 252 assists, while she is third with 8.40 assists per set. She has three double-doubles this season and 22 for her career. O'Donnell now has 2,630 career assists. O'Donnell is second on the team and in the league with 13 service aces and has 93 for her career.
- Senior Angela Chisholm (Millis, Mass.) has 792 career digs which are ranked 10th all-time at Holy Cross. So far this season she has 79 digs and has three matches with double-digit digs.
- Senior Rebecca DeSanti (Hampden, Mass.) recorded her first career double-double with a season-best 12 kills and a career-best 12 digs in the win over NJIT. She also had a career-best six service aces in the match. Her 0.34 aces per set are ninth in the Patriot League.
- Sophomore Elizabeth Watters (San Francisco, Calif.) recorded a career-best 30 digs versus NJIT and has three performances this year with double-digit digs. She leads the Patriot League with 14 service aces, while she is second on the team with 87 digs.
- Junior Kathleen Colpoys (Scituate, Mass.) leads the team and is ranked eighth in the Patriot League with a .257 hitting percentage. She leads the team with 12 total blocks. Colpoys is second on the team with 51 kills.
- The Crusaders lead the Patriot League with 57 service aces. Holy Cross also leads the league with 1.90 aces per set.