Crusaders To Conclude Season With Two Home Matches
Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 5-22 (3-9 PL); Last Week: 1-1
Scoreboard: American 3, Holy Cross 1, Washington, D.C., 11/6
Holy Cross 3, Navy 0, Annapolis, Md., 11/7
Schedule: Friday, Nov. 13 vs. Lehigh, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 14 vs. Lafayette, Worcester, Mass., 4:00 p.m.
- The Crusaders will conclude the 2009 season with two matches at the Holy Cross Field House. On Friday, Nov. 13, the Crusaders will play Lehigh (13-14, 6-6 Patriot League) at 7:00 p.m., while on Saturday, Nov. 14, Holy Cross will meet Lafayette (13-12, 4-8 Patriot League) at 4:00 p.m.
- Earlier this season the Crusaders lost to both teams by a score of 3-0. Lehigh and Lafayette are both competing for the fourth and final Patriot League Tournament spot as Lehigh is currently in fourth place, while Lafayette is tied for fifth with Bucknell. Over the last 10 matches, Holy Cross has a 6-4 record versus Lehigh, but has lost three straight. The Crusaders have lost 10 straight to Lafayette. Holy Cross' last win over Lafayette was on Oct. 9, 2004, at home by a score of 3-1.
- Senior Samantha Surface (Fresno, Calif.) ranks third on the team with 172 kills and 1.83 kills per set, while she is fourth with a career-best 196 digs. She has had an outstanding career for the Crusaders, as she has 657 kills and 494 digs.
- Holy Cross freshman Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) now has 349 kills which puts her fourth on the Holy Cross all-time single-season kills list and are the most by a freshman, while her 3.56 kills per set currently rank fifth at the school for a single-season. She is second around the league this season in both categories. She was named the Patriot League Rookie of the Week for the second time as she recorded a total of 30 kills last week for a 4.29 kills per set average. Lynch has posted double-digit kills 19 times, while she has either led the team or tied for the team-lead for kills 23 out of 27 matches this season.
- Junior setter Chelsey O'Donnell (Pittsburgh, Pa.) now has 830 assists this season which are fifth on the Holy Cross all-time single-season assists list and third on this season's Patriot League leaders list. Her 8.47 assists per set are currently seventh on the school's single-season list. For her career, O'Donnell is second all-time at Holy Cross with 2,315 assists. She is also tied for fourth around the league with 33 service aces.
- Sophomore Kathleen Colpoys (Scituate, Mass.) leads the team and is ninth around the Patriot League with a .268 hitting percentage. She is second on the team with 192 kills and 48 blocks, while she also has 52 digs and 23 service aces. For the 2008 season, she recorded 98 kills, 24 digs, 27 blocks and six service aces.
- Junior Angela Chisholm (Millis, Mass.) is fourth around the Patriot League with a career-best 345 digs. Her 345 digs this season are sixth all-time at the school. She has posted double-digit digs 15 times this season, including three times with over 20 digs.
- Freshman Callie Black (Fallon, Nev.) is having a strong season at the net as she leads the team with 52 blocks and 0.53 blocks per set. She has either led the team or tied for the team-lead for blocks 15 times this season. She is also fourth on the team with 129 kills.
- Junior Rebecca DeSanti (Hampden, Mass.) has surpassed her best single-season statistics with 96 kills and 29 digs. Last season, she had 68 kills and 21 digs. For her career, DeSanti has recorded 171 kills and 52 digs.
- Freshman Elizabeth Watters (San Francisco, Calif.) is fifth on the team with 181 digs and 1.89 digs per set. She has recorded double-digit digs eight times this season.
- Three of Holy Cross' victories this season have been by a 3-0 score, while the other two wins were by a 3-1 score.