Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 3-19 (1-6 PL); Last Week: 1-2
Scoreboard: Quinnipiac 3, Holy Cross 2, Hamden, Conn., 10/13
Holy Cross 3, Navy 0 Worcester, Mass., 10/16
American 3, Holy Cross 1, Worcester, Mass., 10/17
Schedule: Friday, Oct. 23 vs. Bucknell, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 24 vs. Colgate, Worcester, Mass., 2:00 p.m.
- The Crusaders will play two Patriot League matches at the Holy Cross Field House this week with Bucknell on Friday, Oct. 23 at 7:00 p.m. and Colgate on Saturday, Oct. 24 at 2:00 p.m. Earlier this season, Holy Cross was swept at Bucknell on Sept. 26 and lost at Colgate by a 3-2 score on Sept. 25.
- Bucknell is 8-11 overall and is tied for third place with a 4-3 Patriot League record. Last week the Bison swept both home matches against Lafayette and Lehigh. Over the last 10 matches between these two teams, the Crusaders have a 0-10 record. The Bison are tied for second around the conference with 1.97 blocks per set and are second with 1.67 service aces per set. Ragin Jackson's 0.92 blocks per set are second on the Patriot League leaders board, while Kaitlin Segal's 2.72 kills per set are ninth
- Colgate is 9-10 overall and its 6-1 Patriot League record is good for second place. Last week, the Raiders won both matches versus Lehigh and Lafayette by score of 3-0. Over the last 10 matches between these two schools, the Crusaders are 1-9 and have lost nine straight. The last Holy Cross victory was on Nov. 12, 2004 on the road by score of 3-0. Colgate is second around the league with 14.61 digs per set and opponent hitting percentage with a .184, while it is tied for second with 1.97 blocks per set. Casey Ritt leads the Patriot League with 1.00 blocks per set and Devon Applegate leads the league with 4.08 digs per set. Kaleigh Durket is fifth around the conference with 3.17 kills per set.
- Sophomore Kathleen Colpoys (Scituate, Mass.) recorded an impressive .508 hitting percentage last week, including a .700 percentage as Holy Cross defeated Navy, 3-0. She also posted a career-best 14 kills versus Quinnipiac, while she led the team with 13 kills against American. Colpoys only had three errors on the week on 61 attempts, including two matches without any errors. For the season, her .263 hitting percentage and her 41 total blocks lead the team, while her 158 kills and 1.95 kills per set are second. She is also ranked 10th around the league for hitting percentage.
- Last week, junior setter Chelsey O'Donnell (Pittsburgh, Pa.) recorded 120 assists for a 10 assists per set average. She had two double-doubles on the week giving her seven on the season and 18 for her career. Her 683 assists this season are third on the Patriot League leaders list. O'Donnell's 172 digs and 2.12 digs per set are third on the team, while her 27 service aces lead the team and are tied for fourth around the league.
- Junior Angela Chisholm (Millis, Mass.) is having an outstanding season as she leads the Patriot League with a career-best 299 digs. She has posted double-digit digs 14 times this season, including three times with over 20 digs.
- Freshman Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) led the team with 46 kills and 3.83 kills per set last week, while her 28 digs and 2.33 digs per set ranked third. She recorded her fifth double-double of the season versus Quinnipiac, while her 21 kills against Quinnipiac and her 14 kills versus Navy led the team. Lynch has either led the team or tied for the team-lead for kills 18 out of the 22 matches. She has posted double-digit kills 14 times this season, including four matches with 20 or more kills. She leads the team and is second around the league with 269 kills.
- Freshman Callie Black (Fallon, Nev.) is having a strong season at the net as she is second on the team with 40 blocks and 0.49 blocks per set. She has either led the team or tied for the team-lead for blocks 11 times this season. She is also fourth on the team with 90 kills.
- Senior Samantha Surface (Fresno, Calif.) ranks third on the team with 144 kills and 1.87 kills per set, while she is fourth with 159 digs and 2.06 digs per set. For her career she has 643 kills and 457 digs.
- Junior Rebecca DeSanti (Hampden, Mass.) has already surpassed her best single-season statistics with 83 kills and 26 digs. Last season, she had 68 kills and 21 digs. For her career, DeSanti has recorded 158 kills and 49 digs.