Scoreboard: 6th of 10, Patriot League Outdoor Championship, Annapolis, Md., 5/2-5/3.
Schedule: Friday, May 9 at New England Outdoor Championship, Westfield, Mass., 10:00 a.m.
Saturday, May 10 at New England Outdoor Championship, Westfield, Mass., 10:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross women's track and field team will compete at the 2014 New England Outdoor Championship this weekend on Friday and Saturday, May 9-10, hosted by Westfield State. The events are scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m. on both days.
- The Crusaders are coming off a sixth place finish at the 2014 Patriot League Outdoor Championship where three school records fell. Senior Stephanie Okpoebo (Chelmsford, Mass.) surpassed her own school record time in the 200, finishing in 24.05 seconds. Junior Brianna Tabin (South Hadley, Mass.) surpassed Okpoebo's previous record in the 100 with a time of 11.68 seconds. Junior Sarah Dahlstrom (Southborough, Mass.) broke a school record set in 1991 with a score of 2,289 points in the heptathlon.
- Nineteen Crusaders have qualified for the New England Outdoor Championship this weekend including Okpoebo and Tabin in both the 100 and 200. Juniors Mackenzie Arndt (Merrimack, Mass.) and Katie Bobinski (Torrington, Conn.) also qualified in the 100. Junior Payton Shubrick (Springfield, Mass.) qualified in the 400, sophomore Caroline Carley (Barrington, Ill.) and Catherine Gildea (Milford, Conn.) qualified in the 800 and Carley and junior Abigail Mitchell (Manchester, N.H.) qualified in the 1,500. Seniors Emily Hughes (Milton, Mass.) and Sandra van den Heuvel (Nashua, N.H.) qualified in the 5,000 while van den Heuvel also qualified in the 10,000. Arndt, junior Emilia Sainato (Albany, N.Y.) and freshman Jennifer Kimball (South Weymouth, Mass.) qualified in the 100-meter hurdles, senior Mariel Flood (Kinnelon, N.J.) qualified in the 400 hurdles and Mitchell also qualified in the 3,000-meter steeplechase.
- In the field events, Arndt and fellow classmates Michelle McGahan (Acton, Mass.) and Alexandra Parise (Pine Push, N.Y.) qualified in the pole vault. Freshman Alexa Eldracher (Woodbridge, Conn.) and junior MaryGrace Brogioli (Wareham, Mass.) qualified in the triple jump, sophomore Elizabeth Provost (Adams, Mass.) qualified in the shot put and discus throw and senior Christy Manning (Scarborough, Maine) qualified in the discus and hammer throws. Dahlstrom and Kimball qualified for the heptathlon and the 4x100 and 4x800-meter relay teams also qualified for the New England Outdoor Championship.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's outdoor track and field team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.