Scoreboard: 1st of 5, Holy Cross Invitational, Worcester, Mass., 4/19.
Schedule: Sunday, April 27, at Brown Invitational, Providence, R.I., 10:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross women's track and field team will return to the track on Sunday, April 27, for the Brown Invitational in Providence, R.I. at 10:00 a.m.
- The Crusaders are coming off a first place finish at home on Saturday, April 19, against UMass Amherst, Stonehill, Maine and Bryant. Junior Abigail Mitchell (Manchester, N.H.) set a new Holy Cross school record in the 3,000-meter steeplechase with a time of 11:18.05. Senior Stephanie Okpoebo (Chelmsford, Mass.) also led the team with two first place finishes in the 100 and 200-meter dashes.
- Last season, the Crusaders were led at the Brown Invitational by juniors Maddie Dodge (Rumford, R.I.) and Mackenzie Arndt (Merrimack, Mass.) who each registered second place finishes.
- The Crusaders have set new school records each of the first three weekends in April. At the Colonial Relays (4/3-4/5), Okpoebo set a new mark in the 100 (11.76) and the 4x200-meter relay (1:42.24) and the distance medley relay (11:48.66) each set new school-best times. At the Minuteman Invitational (4/12), the 4x100-meter relay team crossed the finish at 46.98, setting a new Holy Cross pace. Last weekend at home (4/19), Mitchell set the new mark in the 3,000-meter steeplechase.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's outdoor track and field team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.