Scoreboard: 9th of 40, Colonial Relays, Williamsburg, Va., 4/5.
4th of 4, New Hampshire Invitational, Durham, N.H., 4/5.
Schedules: Saturday, April 12, Minuteman Invitational, Amherst, Mass., 11:30 a.m.
- The women's track and field team will look to follow up a strong performance at the Colonial Relays when they travel to UMass Amherst for the Minuteman Invitational this Saturday.
- Three school records also fell this past weekend. Senior Stephanie Okpoebo (Chelmsford, Mass.) broke the record for the 100-meter dash with an ECAC qualifying time of 11.76 seconds. The 4x200 relay team, consisting of junior Brianna Tabin (South Hadley, Mass.), junior Payton Shubrick (Springfield, Mass.), junior Katie Bobinski (Torrington, Conn.), and Okpoebo finished in a Holy Cross record time of 1:42.24. The distance medley relay team also set a school record with a time of 11:48.66. The members of the distance medley team were Shubrick, junior Abigail Mitchell (Manchester, N.H.), sophomore Catherine Gildea (Milford, Conn.), sophomore Caroline Carley (Barrington, Ill.).
- Freshman Rachel Sowinski (Mountain Top, Pa.) and junior Sarah Dahlstrom (Southborough, Mass.) led the team in Williamsburg, Va. with first place finishes. Sowinski ran away from the field in the 1,500-meter with a time of 4:46.63 and Dahlstrom hurled her way to victory in the shot put with a throw of 11.78 meters.
- Senior Lauren Bellerose (Shrewsbury, Mass.), junior Fiorella Johnson (Redding, Conn.) and sophomore Melissa LaCoste (Amherst, N.H.) led Holy Cross at the New Hampshire Invitational with second place finishes in the 800-meter, the 400-meter, and the high jump, respectively.
- The Crusaders did well at the Minuteman Invitational in 2013, placing fifth out of 19 teams. Okpoebo led the way with a first place finish in the 100-meter dash, and a second place finish in the 200-meter.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's outdoor track and field team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.