Scoreboard: 1st of 13, Coast Guard Invitational, New London, Conn., 3/28
Schedule: Thursday-Saturday, April 3-5, Colonial Relays, Williamsburg, Va., 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 5 at New Hampshire with Maine, Durham, N.H., 11:00 a.m.
- Select members of the women's outdoor track and field team will travel to William & Mary for the Colonial Relays, April 3-5, with the action beginning at 4:00 p.m. on Thursday. The rest of the squad will head to New Hampshire for a team meet against both New Hampshire and Maine on Saturday, April 5 at 11:00 a.m.
- The Crusaders got off to a great start this outdoor season, cruising to a first place finish at the Coast Guard Invitational this past Saturday. The team posted a final score of 248.50 points and finished the day with seven first place finishes.
- Senior Stephanie Okpoebo (Chelmsford, Mass.) led the way with a first place finish in both the 100 and 200 meter dash. Sophomore Caroline Carley (Barrington, Ill.) took the top spot in the 1,500 meter with a New England Championship qualifying time while junior Emilia Sainato (Albany, N.Y.) and senior Mariel Flood (Kinnelon, N.J.) took first place in the 100 meter hurdles and the 400 meter hurdles, respectively. Junior Michelle McGahan (Acton, Mass.) won the pole vault with a height of 3.50 meters. The Crusaders also had six second place finishes, which contributed to their first place effort.
- Flood was named GoHolyCross.com Crusader of the Week for her performance at the Coast Guard Invitational.
- The journey to William & Mary for the Colonial Relays will be the Crusader's annual spring trip down south. Last year the team participated in the Duke Invitational. The last time the Crusaders traveled to Williamsburg, Va. was on April 6, 2007 when they placed 13th of 19 in a competition that was cut short due to severe weather.
- Last year against New Hampshire and Maine there were no team scores, but Holy Cross walked away with seven top-five finishes on the day. They look to repeat that success this time around when they travel to Durham, N.H. on April 5.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's outdoor track and field team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.