Schedule: Saturday, March 29, at Coast Guard Invitational, New London, Conn., 11:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross women's track and field team will open its outdoor season this Saturday when it travels to New London, Conn. to take part in the Coast Guard Invitational for the first time in recorded history.
- The team was scheduled to open the season last weekend, March 22, at the Gerry Gravel Classic at Westfield State, but the meet was canceled due to track conditions. Each of the previous two seasons, the Crusaders have traveled to Army this weekend to take part in the Dick Shea Open, which will not be held this year.
- Last spring season, the Crusaders opened up at the Dick Shea Open and the Snowflake Classic. Senior Stepahnie Okpoebo (Chelmsford, Mass.) led the team at the Snowflake Classic, hosted by Tufts, with a second and third place finish in the 200 and 400-meter dashes, respectively. Five Crusaders earned first place finishes at the Dick Shea Open.
- Holy Cross will host two home meets this spring, beginning with the Holy Cross Heptathlon on Wednesday and Thursday, April 16-17. The team will then welcome Bryant, Central Connecticut, Massachusetts, Hartford, Maine and Stonehill on Saturday, April 19.
- The Crusaders finished the indoor season with a fifth place finish at the Patriot League Indoor Championship and took ninth of 36 teams at the New England Indoor Championship.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's outdoor track and field team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.