Women's Track & Field To Compete In New England Indoor Championship
Scoreboard: 5th of 10, Patriot League Indoor Championship, Lewisburg, Pa., 2/21-2/23
Schedule: Friday, Feb. 28, New England Indoor Championship, Boston, Mass., 10:00 a.m.
Saturday, March 1, New England Indoor Championship, Boston, Mass., 10:00 a.m.
- Qualifying members of the Holy Cross women's indoor track and field team will return to action at the 2014 New England Indoor Championship on Friday and Saturday, Feb. 28-March 1, hosted by Boston University. The meet is scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m. both days.
- Last season, the Crusaders finished third of 34 teams at the New England Championship to earn its top ever finish at this meet. Senior Stephanie Okpoebo (Chelmsford, Mass.) broke school records in the 60 and 200-meter dashes. Graduate Brittany Gorski finished first in the 800 with the fastest indoor time in school history.
- The Crusaders are coming off a fifth place team finish at the Patriot League Indoor Championship. Okpoebo was named Female Track Athlete of the Meet after finishing first and setting meet records in both the 60-meter dash (7.49) and 200-meter dash (25.24). Her time in the 60 was also a new Holy Cross school record.
- Sophomore Caroline Carley (Barrington, Ill.) also finished first in the 1,000-meter run for the second straight season with a time of 2:52.31. The distance medley relay team comprised of Carley, senior Lauren Bellerose (Shrewsbury, Mass.), junior Abigail Mitchell (Manchester, N.H.) and sophomore Catherine Gildea (Milford, Conn.) also earned a first place finish with a time of 12:11.03.
- Okpoebo, Carley and the distance medley team each earned first team All-Patriot League honors for their first place finishes. Junior Sarah Dahlstrom (Southborough, Mass.) who finished second in the pentathlon on day one of competition with a score of 3,295, also earned second team All-Patriot League accolades.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's indoor track and field team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.