Scoreboard: 1st of 2, 100.5-79.5 at Maine, Orono, Maine, 2/1
Schedule: Friday, Feb. 7, Valentine Invitational, Boston, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's track and field team will head to Boston University to participate in the Valentine Invitational this Friday, Feb. 7 at 1:00 p.m..
- The Crusaders did not participate in the Valentine Invitational in the previous season due to its cancellation.
- Holy Cross had another outstanding performance last weekend in Orono, posting 10 first place finishes en route to their convincing 100.5-79.5 victory over the Black Bears, the exact same score as when the two teams met in 2013. Junior Katie Bobinski (Torrington, Conn.) won the 200 meter while sophomore Oona Wood (Williamstown, Mass.) took first place in the 500 meter run. Freshmen Kirsten Gargiulo (Summit, N.J.) and Rachel Sowinski (Mountain Top, Pa.) achieved victory in the 800 meter and one mile, respectively, while sophomore Cassie Gildea (Milford, Conn.) won the 1,000 meter run. The Crusaders were also quite successful in the field events as sophomore Morgan Zurlo (Glen Falls, N.Y.) won the high jump and junior Michelle McGahan (Acton, Mass.) won the pole vault.
- The Crusaders also sent several athletes to compete at the Harvard Invitational where senior Stephanie Okpoebo (Chelmsford, Mass.) led Holy Cross with second place finishes in the 60 meter (7.57) and the 200 meter (24.97) dashes.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's indoor track and field team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.