January 14, 2014
Women's Track & Field To Travel To New Hampshire
Scoreboard: No Team Scores, NYC Gotham Cup, New York, N.Y., 1/10
No Team Scores, Yale Invitational, New Haven, Conn., 1/11
No Team Scores, Bucknell Mini Meet, Lewisburg, Pa., 1/11
Schedule: Saturday, Jan. 18, at New Hampshire, Durham, N.H., 12:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's track and field team will take on New Hampshire in Durham, N.H. this Saturday, Jan. 18, beginning at 12:00 p.m.
- Last year, the Crusaders won the dual meet against New Hampshire 94-87. Senior Stephanie Okpoebo (Chelmsford, Mass.) sprinted to the finish line in 7.18 seconds in the 55-meter dash and 26.15 seconds in the 200-meter dash to record two first place finishes.
- Last week, freshman Kristen Gargiulo (Summit, N.J.) and sophomore Alex Eckert (Bergenfield, N.J.) competed in the NYC Gotham Cup (1/10). Gargiulo placed 10th in the 1,000-meter run. Eckert competed in 60-meter hurdles, pole vault and triple jump.
- Eight Holy Cross women's track and field athletes traveled to the Yale Invitational (1/11) last weekend. The eight that traveled were freshman Allison Maier (Orange, Conn.), junior Julia Levesque (West Simsbury, Conn.), junior Katie Bobinski (Torrington, Conn.), junior Alexandra Parise (Pine Bush, N.Y.), sophomore Morgan Zurlo (Glen Falls, N.Y.), sophomore Melissa LaCoste (Amherst, N.H.), Michelle McGahan (Acton, Mass.) and freshman Samantha Speroni (Palos Verdes Peninsula, Calif.).
- Freshman Rachel Sowinski (Mountain Top, Pa.) competed in the Bucknell Mini Meet (1/11) this past weekend. She finished sixth in the one mile run with a time of 5:19.94.
- The dual meet against New Hampshire will be the first full team event since the Harvard Open (12/7).
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's indoor track and field team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.