Scoreboard: 7th of 35, New England Outdoor Championship, Easton, Mass., 5/10-5/11
- The women's track and field team finished up the 2013 outdoor season last weekend with a seventh place finish at the New England Outdoor Championship, hosted by Stonehill. The Crusaders finished ahead of such division I competitors as Boston College and New Hampshire, as well as Sacred Heart and future 2014 Patriot League member Boston University.
- Three Holy Cross school records were broken during the outdoor season. Junior Stephanie Okpoebo (Chelmsford, Mass.) sprinted the 200 in 24.19 seconds, freshman Oona Wood (Williamstown, Mass.) ran the 400 in 57.34 seconds and sophomore Abigail Mitchell (Manchester, N.H.) ran the 2,000-meter steeplechase in 7:32.29.
- Okpoebo was named Women's Track Athlete of the Meet at the 2013 Patriot League Outdoor Championship. The junior won the 100 and 200-meter dashes to earn the honor for the first time in her career. She also received first team All-Patriot League recognition in her two events. Senior Bittany Gorski (Tewksbury, Mass.), who won the 800-meter run, also was named first team All-Patriot League. Junior Amanda Waldron (Walpole, Mass.) was named second team All-Patriot League after taking the runner-up spot in the 5,000-meter run while the 4x100-meter relay team comprised of sophomore Brianna Tabin (South Hadley, Mass.), senior Melanie Forte (Milford, N.H.), sophomore Katie Bobinski (Torrington, Conn.) and Okpoebo finished in second place to also earn second team All-Patriot League accolades.
- Waldron was named to the 2013 Academic All-Patriot League team. The junior holds a cumulative 3.64 grade-point average while majoring in Biology. It was her first Academic All-PL selection and she was one of 10 student-athletes from the eight Patriot League schools to be recognized for her performance on the track and in the classroom.
- Sophomore Mackenzie Arndt (Merrimack, Mass.) was the only Crusader who qualifed for the NCAA Regional (pole vault). She will not be competing, however, due to a medical issue.
- The Crusaders will graduate nine seniors including Kathleen Brekka (Hubbardston, Mass.), Forte, Kelcey Germain (Auburn, Mass.), Gorski, Lizzie Harkins (Latrobe, Pa.), Sarah Meinelt (Topsfield, Mass.), Cassandra Pierre-Louis (Worcester, Mass.), Bridget Straub (Mattituck, N.Y.) and Rachelle Silvia (Westerly, R.I.).
- The 2013 women's track and field season has come to an end.