Schedule: Saturday, Feb. 2 at Maine, Orono, Maine, 11:30 a.m.
Scoreboard: 7th of 12, Joe Donahue Invitational, Boston, Mass., 1/25
- The Holy Cross women's track and field team will travel Maine on Saturday for an 11:30 a.m. meet.
- Last season, the Crusaders defeated the Black Bears by a score of 91-86. Graduate Katelyn Hartnett recorded first place finishes in the one mile and 1,000-meter runs. Senior Brittany Gorski (Tewksbury, Mass.), junior Stephanie Okpoebo (Chelmsford, Mass.) and graduate Paige Sutherland also added first place finishes on the track for Holy Cross. In the field events, graduate Alexandra Culkeen took the top spot in both the weight throw and shot put. Both the 4x400 and 4x800-meter relay teams finished first as well. It was the first time the Crusaders defeated Maine since the 2008-2009 season.
- Maine and Holy Cross both competed in last weekend's Joe Donahue Invitational in Boston, Mass. The Crusaders took seventh of 12 teams while the Black Bears finished 10th.
- Okpoebo set a team season-best mark of 7.71 seconds in the 60-meter dash at the Joe Donahue Invitational. Gorski also set a career and team-best time in the 800 at 2:12.64 while senior Kathleen Brekka (Hubbardston, Mass.) ran the 1,000 in a team season-best 2:58.91. Sophomore Marissa Romano (Hasbrouck Heights, N.J.) jumped a career and team-best distance of 10.92 meters in the triple jump and junior Kylene Carey (East Bridgewater, Mass.) set the new team season-best mark in the 60-meter hurdles at 9.60 seconds.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's track and field team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.