Schedule: Friday, Jan. 25 at Joe Donahue Invitational, Boston, Mass., 3:00 p.m.
Scoreboard: W, 94-87, at New Hampshire, Durham, N.H., 1/19
- The Holy Cross women's track and field team will travel to the Joe Donahue Invitational on Friday, Jan. 25, beginning at 3:00 p.m.
- Last season, the Crusaders finished fifth of 14 teams at the Joe Donahue Invitational. Junior Stephanie Okpoebo (Chelmsford, Mass.) led the team with a first place finish in the 55-meter dash with a time of 7.24 seconds. She also finished third in the 200-meter dash at 25.22 seconds. Sophomore Fiorella Johnson (Redding, Conn.) also added a top-three finish, taking third in the 400-meter dash with a time of 58.98 seconds.
- Seven individual team season-best marks were set at last weekend's meet at New Hampshire. The 4x800 relay team comprised of freshman Caroline Carley (Barrington, Ill.), sophomore Abigail Mitchell (Manchester, N.H.), senior Sarah Meinelt (Topsfield, Mass.) and senior Brittany Gorski (Tewksbury, Mass.) also set a season-best mark at 9:44.42. Individually, freshman Oona Wood (Williamstown, Mass.) ran the 500 in a time of 1:17.84, Gorski ran the 800 in 2:17.55, junior Amanda Waldron (Walpole, Mass.) ran the 3,000 in 10:36.11 and junior Kylene Carey (East Bridgewater, Mass.) ran the 55-meter hurdles in 8.75 seconds. In the field events, freshman Melissa LaCoste (Amherst, N.H.) set the high jump mark at 1.55 meters, sophomore Mackenzie Arndt (Merrimack, Mass.) reached 3.60 meters in the pole vault, and Carey jumped 5.24 meters in the long jump.
- Okpoebo has set two new Holy Cross school records this season. She ran a 7.17 second 55-meter dash at the Harvard Open (12/10) and improved upon that time at the Tiger Invitational (1/5), setting the school record at 7.15 seconds. She also posted a new school-best time of 40.52 seconds in the 300-meter dash at the Harvard Open.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's track and field team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.