Schedule: Saturday, Jan. 19 at New Hampshire, Durham, N.H., 12:00 p.m.
Scoreboard: No Team Scores, Go Rhody Invitational, Kingston, R.I., 1/11
- The Holy Cross women's track and field team will take on New Hampshire in Durham, N.H. this Saturday, Jan. 19, beginning at 12:00 p.m.
- Last season, the Crusaders finished first of four teams at the meet as four individual student-athletes along with the 4x400 relay team took home first place finishes. Junior Stephanie Okpoebo (Chelmsford, Mass.) took first and set a new school record at the time in the 55-meter dash at 7.24 seconds. She also took the top spot in the 200-meter dash with a time of 26.14 seconds. Sophomore Fiorella Johnson (Redding, Conn.) (500, 1:20.06) and graduates Erin Linnehan (55 hurdles, 8.44) and Alexandra Culkeen (shot put, 12.18m) also recorded first place finishes. The 4x400 relay team was comprised of Johnson, sophomore Katie Bobinski (Torrington, Conn.), graduate Katelyn Hartnett and Okpoebo and ran a time of 4:05.40.
- Hartnett also broke a school record at last year's New Hampshire meet in the 1,000-meter run at 2:51.25, a mark that she would eclipse once again later in the 2012 season.
- Saturday will be the first indoor track and field meet of 2013 for New Hampshire. The team opened the season at the Jay Carisella Invitational (12/1) and competed in the Maine Pentathlon (12/7) and at Maine (12/8). The Wildcats defeated Maine, 109-80, as 10 student-athletes recorded first place finishes.
- Okpoebo has already set two new Holy Cross school records this season. She ran a 7.17 second 55-meter dash at the Harvard Open (12/10) and improved upon that time at the Tiger Invitational (1/5), setting the school record at 7.15 seconds. She also posted a new school-best time of 40.52 seconds in the 300-meter dash at the Harvard Open.
- At last week's Go Rhody Invitational, senior Kelcey Germain (Auburn, Mass.) set a team season-high distance in the weight throw with a career-best toss of 14.89 meters and junior Kylene Carey (East Bridgewater, Mass.) posted a team season-best time in the 60-meter hurdles at 9.84 seconds.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's track and field team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.