Scoreboard: 4th of 8, Patriot League Indoor Championship, Lewisburg, Pa., 2/17-2/19
Schedule: Friday-Saturday, Feb. 24-25, New England Indoor Championship, Boston, Mass., 10:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross indoor women's track and field team traveled to Bucknell on Friday, Feb. 17 to compete in the weekend-long Patriot League Indoor Championship. The Crusaders finished in fourth place, improving their standing after finishing seventh in 2011.
- Senior Erin Linnehan (Litchfield, N.H.) set a new school record in the 60 meter hurdles with a time of 8.93 seconds. Sophomore Stephanie Okpoebo (Chelmsford, Mass.) also set a new record in the 60 meter dash with a time of 7.60 seconds.
- Other top finishers included freshman Sarah Dahlstrom (Southborough, Mass.) who finished fourth in the pentathlon on day one of competition, senior Katelyn Hartnett (Danvers, Mass.) who took third in the 800 meter run, junior Kathleen Brekka (Hubbardston, Mass.) who finished second in the 1,000 meter run and the 4x800 and the distance medley relay teams that each finished second in their respective races.
- Fourteen members of the women's track and field team qualified to participate in this weekend's New England Championship in Boston, Mass. Brekka and Hartnett will run the 1,000 meter and 4x800 relay, senior Alexandria Culkeen (Beverly, Mass.) will participate in the shot put and weight throw and Dahlstrom will participate in the pentathlon. Junior Melanie Forte (Bradford, Mass.) and Okpoebo will run the 60 meter and 200 meter dashes, junior Brittany Gorski (Tewksbury, Mass.) will run the 500 meter and 4x800 relay and freshman Fiorella Johnson (Redding, Conn.) will run the 500 meter and 4x400 relay. Linnehan will participate in the 60 meter hurdles, junior Sarah Meinelt (Topsfield, Mass.) will run the 800 meter and 4x800 relay and senior Sarah Mellea (North Arlington, N.J.) will run the mile. Rounding out the field will be senior Paige Sutherland (Groveland, Mass.) in the 3,000 meter run and freshman Brianna Tabin (South Hadley, Mass.) in the 200 meter dash. Other members may be provisionally accepted on Wednesday, Feb. 22.
- Okpoebo, Brekka, Culkeen and the 4x800 (Brekka, Meinelt, Gorski and Hartnett) and distance medley relay (Brekka, freshman Payton Shubrick (Springfield, Mass.), Meinelt and Hartnett) teams all qualified for the ECAC Indoor Championship. Okpoebo will run the 60 and 200 meter dashes, Brekka will compete in the 1,000 meter run and Culkeen in the weight throw. The ECAC Indoor Championship is set to take place March 3-4.