Scoreboard: 1st of 5 vs. AIC, Bryant, Central Connecticut, Hartford & Maine, Worcester, Mass., 4/23
Schedule: Sunday, May 1, at Brown Springtime Open, Providence, R.I., 1:00 pm.
- The season continues as the Holy Cross women's track & field team prepares for its last meet of the regular season. The Crusaders will race at the Brown Springtime Open in Providence, R.I., on Sunday May 1 at 1:00 pm. In the following weeks, select members of the track & field team will race in the Patriot League Championship, New England Championship and ECAC Outdoor Championship.
- Last year at the Springtime Open, sophomore Brittany Gorski (Tewksbury, Mass.) finished the 400 hurdles in fourth place with a time of 1:06.13, while junior Katelyn Andree (Colts Neck, N.J.) finished fifth in the 3,000 meter steeple chase with a time of 12:06.54.
- Last weekend the Crusaders won the home invitational, with five first place finishes and a school record propelling the Holy Cross women's track and field team toward victory. The Crusaders took home the top team score with 236 points, while Maine took second with 106, Hartford finished third with 104 points, AIC placed fourth with 66 points and Central Connecticut finished fifth with 46 points.
- At last weekend's invitational, Hartnett won the 800 with a time of 2:11.28, breaking her own school record time of 2:11.67 set at the ECAC Indoor Championship during the 2011 indoor season. During the 2010 outdoor season, Hartnett's 800 time of 2:12.49 placed her second at the Patriot League Championship. Hartnett looks to again place top three at the Championship, as her new personal-best time ranks her third on the Patriot League Performance List for the 800. Hartnett's competition consists of American's Erin Koch who ranks second with a time of 2:10.78 and Navy's Jess Palacio, who ranks first with a time of 2:07.22. Hartnett looks to qualify for the ECAC Outdoor Championship this weekend, as her time is now only .69 seconds away from the qualifying time.
- Other notable performances from last weekend include a second place finish in the 800 by senior Courtney Burgess (Dracut, Mass.). Burgess's time of 2:16.04 is her fastest outdoor performance in the 800 during her collegiate career, just .04 seconds off qualifying her for the New England Championship. Burgess now ranks ninth on the Patriot League Performance list in the 800. Junior Erin Linnehan (Litchfield, N.H.) crossed the line first in the 100 hurdles, finishing with a season-best time of 14.91 seconds, ranking her top five on the Patriot League Performance List in this event. Senior Rose Calvo (Rocky Hill, Conn.) placed second in the 5,000 with a personal-best time of 17:52.99, qualifying her for the New England Championship, while sophomore Kathleen Brekka (Hubbardston, Mass.) finished second in the 1,500 with a time of 4:44.09. Brekka hopes to qualify for the New England Championship this weekend, as her time is only .34 seconds off the qualifying cut.