WOMEN'S TRACK & FIELD
Scoreboard: 2nd of 9 at Minuteman Invitational, Amherst, Mass., 4/16
Schedule: Wednesday-Thursday, April 20-21, at Holy Cross Heptathlon, Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 23, vs. AIC, Bryant, Central Connecticut, Hartford & Maine, Worcester, Mass., 11:00 am.
- The action continues as the Holy Cross women's track & field team prepares to host two home meets this week. On Wednesday-Thursday, April 20-21 Holy Cross will host its annual Heptathlon and on Saturday, April 23 the Crusaders will compete at the Hart Track against CCSU, AIC, Bryant, Maine, & Hartford.
- Last year the Crusaders won the invitational, with seven first place finishes and a school record propelling the Holy Cross women's track and field team toward victory. The Crusaders took home the top team score with 237.50 points. Maine finished second with 167 points, Hartford in third with 97, Central Connecticut in fourth with 87, American International in fifth with 83 and Stonehill in sixth with 33.50. Junior Alexandria Culkeen (Beverly, Mass.) finished third in the discus with a distance of 35.95 meters, while senior Ashley Buckley (Duxbury, Mass.) took third in the high jump with a height of 1.52 meters. Junior Erin Linnehan (Litchfield, N.H.) won the 100 meter hurdles with a time of 15.39 seconds, while sophomore Katelyn Hartnett (Danvers, Mass.) and junior Cassandra Anderson (Saugus, Mass.) finished the 800 in first and second respectively.
- The 2010 Holy Cross Decathlon was won by Boston University's Rich Haigh with 6,349 points, while Maine's Jesse Labreck took home the Heptathlon title with 4,922 points.
- Last weekend, sophomore Brittany Gorski (Tewksbury, Mass.), Linnehan, and Anderson each earned a first place finish to lead the Holy Cross track and field team to its second place finish at the Minuteman Invitational. Culkeen threw a personal-best distance of 45.10 meters and a third place finish in the hammer throw, while sophomore Lizzie Harkins (Latrobe, Pa.) ran a personal-best time of 4:54.13 in the 1,500. Sophomore Rachelle Sylvia (Westerly, R.I.) also ran a personal-best time of 1:01.21 in the 400.
- Hartnett's performances at the Duke Invitational currently rank her third on the Patriot League Performance List in both the 800 and 1,500, while freshman Stephanie Okpoebo (Chelmsford, Mass.) ranks third in the 200. Senior M. Siobhan Straub (Mattituck, N.Y.) ranks fourth in the 100 meter dash, and Linnehan ranks fifth in the 100 meter hurdles.