Scoreboard: No team scores at Harvard Open, Cambridge, Mass., 12/11
Schedule: No scheduled meets.
- The Holy Cross women's track and field team will take a break from competition until after the holidays, resuming its season at the Boston University Mini Meet on Dec. 26 and Jan. 2.
- Four members of the Holy Cross women's track and field team recorded New England Championship qualifying times at the Harvard Open on Saturday. Three Crusaders recorded New England Championship qualifying times in the 60 meter dash. Sophomore Melanie Forte (Milford, N.H.) finished ninth with a time of 8.05 seconds, senior M. Siobhan Straub (Mattituck, N.Y.) placed 10th with a time of 8.06 seconds and freshman Stephanie Okpoebo (Chelmsford, Mass.) finished 11th with a time of 8.07 seconds. Junior Katelyn Hartnett (Danvers, Mass.) qualified for the New England Championship with a second place finish in the 800 with a time of 2:17.76.
- Sophomore Brittany Gorski (Tewksbury, Mass.) recorded a personal-best time of 1:21.74 in the 500 at the Harvard Open. Gorski's previous personal-best time was 1:24.25.
- Hartnett was named the Patriot League Female Track Athlete of the Week for her performances at the Harvard Open. This is the first Athlete of the Week honor for Hartnett. At the Harvard Open, Hartnett led the Crusaders with a second place finish in the 800 with a time of 2:17.76. Hartnett's time qualified her for the 2011 New England Indoor Championship to be held Feb. 25-26 at Boston University. Hartnett is the current Holy Cross record holder in the 800 and 1,000. Hartnett broke the school record in the 800 at the Patriot League Outdoor Championship with a time of 2:12.49 and set a new school record in the 1,000 with a time of 2:53.42 at the 2010 New England Indoor Championship.
- Forte was named the AT&T Crusader of the Week for competition from December 6-12. Forte placed in the top 20 in three different events last weekend at the Harvard Open. In addition to her top performance in the 60 meter dash, she also placed 18th in the 200 meter dash with a time of 26.78 seconds and came in 19th in the long jump with a leap of 4.70 meters.
- In just two meets this season, Holy Cross has had five members of the team qualify for the New England Championship. In addition to the four qualifiers at the Harvard Open, junior Erin Linnehan (Litchfield, N.H.) qualified for the Championship in the 55 meter hurdles at the Alden Invitational.