WOMEN'S TRACK & FIELD
Schedule: Friday, Dec. 3 at Rhode Island Pentathlon, Kingston, R.I., 11:00
Saturday, Dec. 4 at Alden Invitational, Providence, R.I.
- The Holy Cross women's track and field team will kick off the indoor season on Dec. 3-4. On Friday, Dec. 3, select members of the team will compete at the Rhode Island Pentathlon, while the remainder of the team kicks off the season on Saturday, Dec. 4 at the Alden Invitational.
- Last season, senior Ashley Buckley (Duxbury, Mass.) was the only Crusader to compete at the Rhode Island Pentathlon, finishing in 11th place with 2,546 points.
- At the 2009 Alden Invitational, former Crusader Tiffany Reid set a new school record in the 55 meter dash with a time of 7.27 seconds and in the 300 meter dash with a time of 41.03 seconds. Junior Erin Linnehan (Litchfield, N.H.) placed sixth in the 55 meter hurdles with a time of 8.77 seconds.
- The 2010-2011 women's track and field team will be led by 13 seniors, including captains Allison Fimognari (Wilbraham, Mass.), Courtney Burgess (Dracut, Mass.), Cassandra Anderson (Saugus, Mass.) and M. Siobhan Straub (Mattituck, N.Y.).
- Head Coach Egetta Alfonso kicks off her 12th season as head coach for the Crusaders. Last season, Alfonso led Holy Cross to a fourth place finish at both the Patriot League Indoor and Outdoor Championships. Under Alfonso's guidance, the Crusaders broke seven individual records and one relay record and placed 27 on the Patriot League Academic Honor Roll.