May 4, 2010
Overall Record: 0-2
Holy Cross Set For New England Championship
Overall Record: 0-2
Scoreboard: 4th of 8 at Patriot League Outdoor Championship Lewisburg, Pa., 4/30-5/1
Schedule: Friday-Saturday, May 7-May 8, New England Outdoor Championship, Dedham, Mass.
- The Holy Cross women's track and field team continues action at the New England Outdoor Championship on May 7-8. The Championship is hosted by Northeastern University at the Solomon Stadium in Dedham, Mass.
- Three Crusaders have qualified for the New England Championship in the 100 meter dash. Senior Tiffany Reid (Poughkeepsie, N.Y.) ranks fourth on the performance list with a time of 11.89 seconds, junior M. Siobhan Straub (Mattituck, N.Y.) ranks 42nd with a time of 12.61 seconds and freshman Melanie Forte (Milford, N.H.) ranks 44th with a time of 12.62 seconds.
- Reid has also qualified for the Championship in the 200 meter dash with a time of 24.39 seconds, which ranks seventh on the performance list.
- Senior Olivia Pruszko (Monroe, Conn.) has qualified for the New England Championship in the 400 and the 400 hurdles. In the 400, Pruszko ranks 56th with a time of 58.60 seconds and in the 400 hurdles, she ranks 20th with a time of 1:04.82. Freshman Brittany Gorski (Tewksbury, Mass.) has also qualified in the 400 hurdles with a time of 1:05.05, which ranks 24th.
- Sophomore Katelyn Hartnett (Danvers, Mass.), junior Cassandra Anderson (Saugus, Mass.) and junior Courtney Burgess (Dracut, Mass.) have each qualified for the New England Championship in the 800. Hartnett ranks 27th with a time of 2:12.49, Anderson ranks 72nd with a time of 2:15.88 and Burgess ranks 83rd with a time of 2:16.50.
- Sophomore Paige Sutherland (Groveland, Mass.) has qualified for the Championship in the 1,500, 5,000 and 10,000. Sutherland's time of 4:35.96 in the 1,500 ranks 47th, her time of 17:29.20 in the 5,000 ranks 31st and her time of 36:58.14 in the 10,000 ranks 13th. Joining Sutherland in the 5,000 is senior Sarah Croteau (Westminster, Mass.) with a qualifying time of 17:58.62 (59th).
- Sophomore Erin Linnehan (Litchfield, N.H.) qualified for the Championship in the 100 hurdles with a time of 14.66 seconds, which ranks 17th, and junior Ashley Buckley (Duxbury, Mass.) qualified in the heptathlon with 3425 points, which ranks 39th.
- In the field events, sophomore Alexandria Culkeen (Beverly, Mass.), senior Rachel Amaral (Raynham, Mass.) and senior Chantal Couture (Taunton, Mass.) each have qualified for the Championship. Culkeen hit a qualifying mark of 12.62 meters in the shot put, which ranks 23rd, Amaral's throw of 40.59 meters in the discus ranks 16th and Couture's distance of 40.38 meters in the javelin ranks 16th.
- At the Patriot League Outdoor Championship, Holy Cross brought home top honors in two relay events. Forte, junior Caitlin White (Miller Place, N.Y.), Straub and Reid earned first team All-Patriot League honors for their first place finish in the 4x100. Pruszko, Gorski, Anderson and Reid earned first team All-Patriot League honors for their first place in the 4x400. Reid's first place finishes in the 100 and 200 earned her two first team All-Patriot League honors, Sutherland finished second in the 5,000 to earn second team All-Patriot League honors and Hartnett earned second team All-Patriot League honors in the 800.