April 27, 2010
Overall Record: 0-2
Crusaders Set For Patriot League Championship
Overall Record: 0-2
Scoreboard: 1st of 6 at Holy Cross, Worcester, Mass., 4/18
Schedule: Sunday, April 25, Brown Springtime Invitational, Providence, R.I., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's track and field team kicks off the championship season at the Patriot League Outdoor Championship in Lewisburg, Pa. at Bucknell University's Christy Mathewson-Memorial Stadium on Friday, April 30.
- Senior Tiffany Reid (Poughkeepsie, N.Y.) ranks first on the Patriot League performance list in the 100 and 200 meter dashes. Reid hit season-best marks in both events at the Duke Invitational, finishing with a time of 11.99 seconds in the 100 and a time of 24.59 seconds in the 200. Freshman Melanie Forte's (Milford, N.H.) time of 12.62 seconds in the 100 ranks seventh on the performance list and junior M. Siobhan Straub's (Mattituck, N.Y.) time of 12.73 seconds ranks 12th.
- Senior Olivia Pruszko's (Monroe, Conn.) time of 58.60 seconds in the 400 is seventh on the performance list and her time of 1:05.06 in the 400 hurdles ranks fifth. In the 800, three Crusaders are in the top 20, sophomore Katelyn Hartnett's (Danvers, Mass.) time of 2:15.79 ranks seventh, junior Cassandra Anderson's (Saugus, Mass.) time of 2:15.88 ranks eighth. Junior Courtney Burgess (Dracut, Mass.) is 17th with a time of 2:18.59.
- Sophomore Paige Sutherland (Groveland, Mass.) is second on the performance list with a time of 36:58.14 in the 10,000 and ranks fourth in the 5,000 with a time of 17:29.20. Sophomore Erin Linnehan (Litchfield, N.H.) is second on the list in the 100 hurdles with a time of 14.66 seconds.
- In the field events, the Crusaders are led by sophomore Alexandria Culkeen (Beverly, Mass.) who ranks fourth on the performance list with a distance of 12.62 meters in the shot put. Senior Rachel Amaral (Raynham, Mass.) is sixth in the discus with a distance of 40.59 meters and senior Chantal Couture (Taunton, Mass.) ranks fifth in the javelin with a distance of 40.38 meters.
- At the Patriot League Indoor Championship, Reid led the Crusaders to a fourth place finish with victories in the 60 and 200 meter dashes. Reid was named Athlete of the Meet for her performances on the track.
- At the 2009 Patriot League Outdoor Championship, Holy Cross finished fifth in the team competition with 80 points. Reid took first in the 200 with a time of 24.32 seconds and set a new school record in the 100 with a time of 11.84 seconds to lead the Crusaders.