Overall Record: 0-2 Last Week:
No team scores
Scoreboard: No team scores at Wildcat Invitational, Durham, N.H., 4/3
No team scores at Dick Shea Open, West Point, N.Y., 4/3
No team scores at Bryant Invitational, Smithfield, R.I., 4/3
No team scores at Duke Invitational, Durham, N.C., 4/3
Schedule: Saturday, April 10, at UMass Invitational, Amherst, Mass., 11:30 a.m.
- The Holy Cross women's track and field team returns to central Massachusetts for the UMass Invitational in Amherst, Mass. on Saturday, April 10.
- Holy Cross last competed at UMass in 2007, when it took third place out of five teams at the event. Senior Claire Luke (Delmar, N.Y.) qualified for the New England Championship in the 3,000 meter steeplechase with a time of 11:23.63.
- At the Duke Invitational, senior Tiffany Reid (Poughkeepsie, N.Y.) placed fourth in the 100 meter dash and qualified for the ECAC Championship with a season-best time of 11.99 seconds. Reid missed breaking the school record by 15 one-hundredths of a second. Reid finished seventh in the 200 with a season-best time of 24.59 seconds, missing the school record by just over three tenths of a second. Reid’s times in both events lead the Patriot League.
- Sophomore Erin Linnehan’s (Litchfield, N.H.) season-best time of 14.66 seconds in the 100 meter hurdles at the Duke Invitational ranks first in the Patriot League. Sophomore Katelyn Hartnett’s (Danvers, Mass.) season-best time of 2:18.36 in the 800 ranks seventh and senior Olivia Pruszko’s (Monroe, Conn.) season-best time of 58.60 seconds in the 400 ranks fifth. Luke’s time of 11:41.08 in the 3,000 meter steeple chase ranks fourth.
- In the field events, three Crusaders hit season-best marks over the weekend. Sophomore Alexandria Culkeen (Beverly, Mass.) recorded a season-best distance of 11.36 meters in the shot put which ranks 10th in the Patriot League. Senior Rachel Amaral (Raynham, Mass.) finished with a season-best distance of 38.41 meters in the discus, which ranks seventh in the league, and senior Chantal Couture (Taunton, Mass.) hit a season-best mark of 37.78 meters in the javelin, which is sixth in the league.
- Holy Cross owns the second best times in the 4x100 and 4x400 relays in the Patriot League. Freshman Melanie Forte (Milford, N.H.), Linnehan, junior M. Siobhan Straub (Mattituck, N.Y.) and Reid teamed up to finish with a time of 48.97 seconds in the 4x100 at the Duke Invitational. Freshman Kathleen Brekka (Hubbardston, Mass.), Pruszko, Reid and junior Cassandra Anderson (Saugus, Mass.) teamed up in the 4x400 to finish with a time of 3:56.89, also at the Duke Invitational.