Overall Record: 0-2 Last Week:
4th of 8
Scoreboard: 4th of 8 at Patriot League Championship, West Point, N.Y., 2/19-21
Schedule: Friday-Saturday, Feb. 26-27, at New England Indoor Championship, Boston, Mass.
- The Holy Cross women's track and field team will continue indoor championship action at the New England Championship on Feb. 26-27 in Boston, Mass. At last year's championship, the Crusaders finished 8th out of 32 teams.
- At the 2009 New England Indoor Championship, senior Tiffany Reid (Poughkeepsie, N.Y.) set a new school record in the 55 meter dash with a time of 7.38 seconds. Senior Maureen Meagher (Allentown, Pa.) led the Crusaders with a third place finish in the one mile run with a time of 5:00.26. Senior Olivia Pruszko (Monroe, Conn.) took fourth in the pentathlon with 2,489 points, while senior Sarah Croteau (Westminster, Mass.) finished sixth in the 5,000 with a time of 17:42.53. Sophomore Katelyn Hartnett (Danvers, Mass.) took eighth in the 1,000 with a time of 3:01.26.
- Reid has qualified for this year's New England Championship in the 60 and 200, sophomore Paige Sutherland (Groveland, Mass.) has qualified in the one mile, 3,000 and 5,000, Pruszko qualified in the 500 and pentathlon, sophomore Erin Linnehan (Litchfield, N.H.) in the 55 meter hurdles and Hartnett in the 800 and 1,000. Freshman Melanie Forte (Milford, N.H.) qualified in the 200, Cassandra Anderson (Saugus, Mass.) in the 500, junior Courtney Burgess (Dracut, Mass.) and senior Maureen Meagher (Allentown, Pa.) will race in the 1,000. Croteau qualified in the 5,000 and junior Ashley Buckley (Duxbury, Mass.) qualified in the pentathlon. In the field events, senior Rachel Amaral (Raynham, Mass.) and sophomore Alexandria Culkeen (Beverly, Mass.) qualified in the weight throw.
- Reid was named the Patriot League Track Athlete of the Meet at the 2010 Patriot League Indoor Championship. This is the first time a Crusader has earned this honor. In 2007 Pruszko was named the Rookie of the Meet. Reid also becomes just the second Crusader to win multi events at the Indoor Championship. Pruszko reached that feat in 2007, winning the pentathlon and the 500.
- Holy Cross had two record setting performances at the Patriot League Championship. Reid broke the school record in the 60 meter dash with a time of 7.65 seconds and Linnehan set a new record in the 60 meter hurdles with a time of 8.99 seconds.
- Multiple Crusaders hit season-best marks at the Patriot League Indoor Championship. Culkeen had a season-best distance of 12.62 meters in the shot put, Pruszko had a season-best score of 3,231 in the pentathlon and a season-best time of 1:17.08 in the 500. Sutherland had season-best times of 17:29.20 in the 5,000 and 10:00.90 in the 3,000. Hartnett finished with a season-best time of 2:57.88 in the 1,000.