Overall Record: 0-2 Last Week:
No Team Scores
Scoreboard: No Team Scores at Valentine Invitational, Boston, Mass, 2/12
Schedule: Friday-Sunday, Feb. 19-21, at Patriot League Indoor Championship, West Point, N.Y.
- The Holy Cross women's track and field team will kick off the indoor championship season at the Patriot League Indoor Championship in West Point, N.Y. on Feb. 19-21. The Crusaders finished fourth out of eight teams a year ago and senior Olivia Pruszko (Monroe, Conn.) repeated as Patriot League champion in the pentathlon.
- At the 2009 Indoor Championship, Holy Cross' 4x800 meter relay team, sophomore Katelyn Hartnett (Danvers, Mass.), junior Courtney Burgess (Dracut, Mass.), sophomore Alison Nadeau (Norfolk, Mass.) and senior Maureen Meagher (Allentown, Pa.), placed third with an ECAC qualifying time of 9:05.59.
- Fans can expect season-best performances at the Patriot League Indoor Championship, as at last year's championship, multiple members of the track and field team finished with season-best marks. Hartnett finished the 800 with a season-best time of 2:16.66, a mark that she surpassed with a time of 2:16.13 at this year's Boston Indoor Games on Jan. 29. Pruszko placed fourth in the 400 with a season-best time of 58.64 seconds and senior Tiffany Reid (Poughkeepsie, N.Y.) finished third in the 200 with a season-best time of 25.64 seconds.
- In a preview of the upcoming championships, Holy Cross competed at the Valentine Invitational on Friday, Feb. 12 in Boston, Mass. Pruszko finished with her fastest time of the season in the 500 (1:17.47) and sophomore Paige Sutherland (Groveland, Mass.) finished with a personal-best and team-best time of 17:37.85 in the 5,000.
- Holy Cross has multiple members of the track team in the top 10 on the Patriot League performance list. Reid is first on the 60 meter dash performance list with a time of 7.79 seconds (converted from 55 meter time), while freshman Melanie Forte (Milford, N.H.) ranks fourth with a time of 8.00 seconds (converted from 55 meter time). In the 200, Reid is fourth on the performance list with a time of 26.07 seconds and Forte is ninth with a time of 26.23 seconds. Prusko's performance in the 500 last weekend puts her sixth on the performance list with a time of 1:17.47. Hartnett has the second fastest time in the 800 with a time of 2:16.13 and third fastest in the 1,000 with a time of 2:58.51. Sutherland is fifth in the one mile with a time of 5:05.37, second in the 3,000 with a time of 10:01.13 and second in the 5,000 with a time of 17:37.85. Senior Sarah Croteau's (Westminster, Mass.) time of 18:04.00 in the 5,000 at last weekend's meet ranks sixth on the performance list. Sophomore Erin Linnehan (Litchfield, N.H.) leads the Patriot League with a time of 9.04 seconds in the 60 meter hurdles (converted from 55 meter time).
- In the field events, sophomore Alexandria Culkeen (Beverly, Mass.) ranks fifth in the shot put with a distance of 12.20 meters, while senior Rachel Amaral (Raynham, Mass.) is eighth with a distance of 11.60 meters and senior Chantal Couture (Taunton, Mass.) is ninth with distance of 11.50 meters. In the weight throw, Amaral ranks sixth with a distance of 15.25 meters and Culkeen is 10th with a distance of 14.97 meters.