Schedule: Friday, Dec. 4, at, Rhode Island
Pentathlon, Kingston, R.I., 11:00 a.m.
Saturday, Dec. 5, at Alden Invitational, Providence, R.I., 10:30 a.m.
- The Holy Cross women's track and field team will open the 2009-2010 indoor season with competitions at the Rhode Island Pentathlon and the Alden Invitational. Pent-athletes will open the season at Rhode Island, while remaining members of the team will kick off the season at Brown.
- At last year's season opener at Brown, senior Olivia Pruszko (Monroe, Conn.) set a new school record in the 300 with a time of 42.56 seconds. Also leading Holy Cross with a top finish was senior Maureen Meagher (Allentown, Pa.) in the one-mile run with a time of 5:10.69.
- Prusko, along with seniors Tiffany Reid (Poughkeepsie, N.Y.), Sarah Croteau (Westminster, Mass.) and Rachel Amaral (Raynham, Mass.) were named captains for the 2009-2010 season. Prusko returns as the reigning Patriot League Indoor pentathlon champion and Reid set new school records in the 55 meter dash with a time of 7.38 seconds and in the 60 meter dash with a time of 7.92 seconds. Croteau led Holy Cross with an eighth place finish in the 5,000 at the Patriot League Indoor Championships with a time of 17:54.27 and Amaral will captain the field team.
- Holy Cross returns 35 from last year's squad that finished fourth at the Patriot League Indoor Championship. Nineteen newcomers join the team, including seven that will make the transition from the cross country team.
- Egetta Alfonso enters her 11th year in 2009-2010 as the head coach of the women's track and field team at Holy Cross. During the 2008-2009 season, Alfonso led the Crusaders to a fifth place finish at the Patriot League Outdoor Championships and a fourth place finish at the Patriot League Indoor Championships. Forty-five members of the team were named to the Patriot League Academic Honor Roll, five school records were broken and three relays qualified for the Penn Relays.