Holy Cross Women's Tennis Defeats Assumption, 8-1
Oct. 21, 2008
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Holy Cross women's tennis team defeated Assumption, 8-1, on Saturday, Oct. 18, at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts. With the win, the Crusaders have won three straight matches to improve to 3-2 overall, while the Greyhounds fall to 2-2.
The doubles team of junior Kristen Meahl (Falmouth, Maine) and freshman Emma Rudnik (Lake Bluff, Ill.) defeated Jennifer Erickson and Samantha Jean, 8-6, in the No. 1 doubles match, while freshmen Carolyn Chandley (Worcester, Mass.) and Emily Marr (Holden, Mass.) earned a 8-6 win over Melissa Ferry and Marissa Charles, in the No. 2 doubles match. Freshman Jen Daffron (Ramsey, N.J.) made her collegiate debut as a member of the No. 3 doubles team with junior Kathryn Wilkie (Oak Brook, Ill.). They defeated Grace O'Neil and Caitlin Harvey, 8-1.
Meahl won the No. 1 singles match over Erickson, 6-2, 6-4, while Marr defeated Jean, 6-1, 6-1 in the No. 3 singles match. Chandley won the No. 4 singles match over Charles, 6-2, 6-2, and Wilkie was victorious over Grace Fox in the No. 5 singles match, 6-2, 6-0. Senior Melanie Bunke (Glastonbury, Conn.) won the No. 6 singles match over Jaclyn Huban, 6-0, 6-4.
The fall season has now concluded.
1. Kristen Meahl (HC) def. Jennifer Erickson (AC) -- 6-2, 6-4
2. Melissa Ferry (AC) def. Emma Rudnik (HC) -- 6-4, 6-4
3. Emily Marr (HC) def. Samantha Jean (AC) -- 6-1, 6-1
4. Carolyn Chandley (HC) def. Marissa Charles (AC) -- 6-2, 6-2
5. Kathryn Wilkie (HC) def. Grace Fox (AC) -- 6-2, 6-0
6. Melanie Bunke (HC) def. Jaclyn Huban (AC) -- 6-0, 6-4
1. Meahl / Rudnik (HC) def. Erickson / Jean (AC) -- 8-6
2. Chandley / Marr (HC) def. Ferry / Charles (AC) -- 8-6
3. Jen Daffron / Wilkie (HC) def. Grace O'Neil / Caitlin Harvey (AC) -- 8-1