Oct. 5, 2008
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Holy Cross women's tennis team fell to Hofstra, 7-0, on Sunday afternoon, in the first matches played on the new Holy Cross Tennis Courts. With the loss, the Crusaders fall to 0-2, while the Pride improve to 5-1.
The doubles team of junior Kristen Meahl (Falmouth, Maine) and freshman Emma Rudnik (Lake Bluff, Ill.) fell to Christie Gattelaro and Stacey Kent, 8-5, in the No. 1 doubles match, while freshmen Carolyn Chandley (Worcester, Mass.) and Emily Marr (Holden, Mass.) were defeated by Morganne Downing and Brooke Sailer, also 8-5, in the No. 2 doubles match.
The Crusaders return to action on Tuesday, Oct. 7, when they host Hartford at 3:30 p.m.
1. Lauren Clifton (HU) def. Kristen Meahl (HC) -- 6-0, 6-1
2. Christie Gattelaro (HU) def. Emma Rudnik (HC) -- 6-0, 6-1
3. Morganne Downing (HU) def. Emily Marr (HC) -- 6-1, 6-0
4. Stacey Kent (HU) def. Hailee Lange (HC) -- 6-2, 6-4
5. Brooke Sailer (HU) def. Carolyn Chandley (HC) -- 8-1
6. Tracy Ferrar (HU) def. Melanie Bunke (HC) -- 8-1
1. Gattelaro/Kent (HU) def. Meahl/Rudnik (HC) -- 8-5
2. Downing/Sailer (HU) def. Chandley/Marr (HC) -- 8-5
3. Clifton/Ferrar (HU) def. Paige Brown/Megan Manahan (HC) -- 8-2