Women's Tennis Loses 4-2 To Babson
Sept. 27, 2005
Worcester, Mass. - The Holy Cross women's tennis team dropped to 2-2 on the fall season with a loss to Babson College. Sweeping the doubles match point, the Crusaders were only able to manage only win in the singles matches, dropping the overall match 4-2.
At number four singles, Amy Garrity (Poughkeepsie, N.Y.) was the lone singles win for Holy Cross on the day with a 4-6, 6-4, 10-8 victory. The other overall point for was won by sweeping doubles competition. Garrity and her partner Katie Irwin (Franklin Lakes, N.J.) took the second doubles match. The Crusaders also won at the one and three spot, but only one point was had for the match total.
1. Gretchen Hackmann (B) def. Carrie Simmons (HC) 4-6, 6-1, 10-5
2. Courtney Farrell (B) vs. Kerry Trimmer (HC) 6-7, 3-2, DNF
3. Kali Hogan (B) def. Meg Moran (HC) 6-4, 6-2
4. Amy Garrity (HC) def. Heather Walsh (B) 4-6, 6-4, 10-8
5. Meena Anvary (B) def. Katie Guarino (HC) 7-5, 6-4
6. Iryna Neskoromna (B) def. Melanie Bunke (HC) 6-2, 2-6, 10-6
1. Simmons/Trimmer (HC) def. Anvary/Magner (B) 8-4
2. Irwin/Garrity (HC) def. Neskoromna/Walsh (B) 9-8
3. Meredith Bacon /Moran (HC) def. Hogan/Farrell (B) 8-5