April 10, 2006
STORRS, Conn. - The Holy Cross women's tennis team was shutout for the second match in a row as they fell 7-0 to Connecticut on Monday afternoon. The Huskies put together a dominate effort, taking all six singles matches in straight sets and also winning three doubles matches.
To start the afternoon, the Connecticut women took the three doubles matches to win the first point for their team. The Huskies took the six singles matches from the Crusaders without allowing more than one point in any set on the afternoon.
The Holy Cross women will be back in action tomorrow afternoon at home when they host Rhode Island at 3:30 p.m.
1. Jaclyn Shapiro (UC) def. Meg Moran (HC), 6-1, 6-0
2. Christine Burek (UC) def. Amy Garrity (HC), 6-0, 6-1
3. Jessica Porter (UC) def. Katie Guarino (HC), 6-0, 6-0
4. BreAnn Cheung (UC) def. Meredith Bacon (HC), 6-0, 6-1
5. Elizabeth Dibbs (UC) def. Melanie Bunke (HC), 6-0, 6-1
6. Alison Koch (UC) def. Ginienne Santoro (HC), 6-0, 6-0
1. Burek/Cheung (UC) def. Garrity/Kerry Trimmer (HC), 8-1
2. Porter/Dibbs (UC) def. Moran/Bacon (HC), 8-0
3. Shapiro/Koch (UC) def. Santoro/Diana Mahoney (HC), 8-0