Holy Cross Swept By Army, 7-0
April 4, 2009
WEST POINT, N.Y. - The Holy Cross women's tennis team fell to Army, 7-0, on Saturday morning in Patriot League action. With the loss, the Crusaders fall to 6-6 overall (0-1 Patriot League), while Army improves to 20-7 (3-0 Patriot League).
Army won all three doubles matches by scores of 8-1 and then swept all six singles matches. Junior Kristen Meahl (Falmouth, Maine), freshman Emily Marr (Holden, Mass.), freshman Carolyn Chandley (Worcester, Mass.), junior Hailee Lange (Miami, Fla.), junior Ivette Konopka (Shelton, Conn.) and freshman Emma Rudnik (Lake Bluff, Ill.) were all defeated in straight sets.
The Crusaders continue action on April 4, when they play their second Patriot League match of the day when they meet Lafayette at 7:30 p.m.
1. Niki Flach (Army) def. Kristen Meahl (HC) -- 6-1, 6-2
2. Sarah Giles-Madden (Army) def. Emily Marr (HC) -- 6-2, 6-1
3. Charlee Warford (Army) def. Carolyn Chandley (HC) -- 6-2, 6-1
4. Robie Verano (Army) def. Hailee Lange (HC) -- 6-0, 6-0
5. Jurelle Mendoza (Army) def. Ivette Konopka (HC) -- 6-4, 6-0
6. Maria Casaletto (Army) def. Emma Rudnik (HC) -- 6-0, 6-2
1. Flach / Giles-Madden (Army) def. Meahl / Chandley (HC) -- 8-1
2. Mendoza / Verano (Army) def. Marr / Konopka (HC) -- 8-1
3. Warford / Casaletto (Army) def. Paige Brown / Kathryn Wilkie (HC) -- 8-1