Holy Cross Women's Tennis Blanked 7-0 By Army
March 26, 2006
WEST POINT, N.Y. - The Holy Cross women's tennis team was unable to pick up their second victory of the spring season as they fell to Army 7-0 on Sunday afternoon. After defeating Assumption at the Paxton Sports Center on February 18, the Crusader women have fallen in three straight decisions.
The Black Knights (9-11, 2-0) cruised to the shutout win over the Crusaders (1-4), sweeping all six singles and all three doubles matches on the day. The shutout was the second of the season for Army.
Holy Cross will be back on their home courts on Saturday, April 1 when they host Manhattan at 12:00 p.m.
1. Sarah Giles-Madden (A) def. Meg Moran (HC) 6-0, 6-0
2. Jessica Shurtz (A) def. Amy Garrity (HC) 6-1, 6-0
3. Bridie Burke (A) def. Katie Guarino (HC) 6-0, 6-0
4. Mary Ford (A) def. Meredith Bacon (HC) 6-1, 6-1
5. Kate Houghton (A) def. Melanie Bunke (HC) 6-0, 6-2.
6. Christine Limsiaco (A) def. Ginienne Santoro (HC) 6-1, 6-1