Overall: 6-9 (0-3 Patriot League); Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: Lafayette 4, Holy Cross 0, Lewisburg, Pa., 4/17
Schedule: 2013-2014 season has concluded
- The Holy Cross women's tennis team (6-9, 0-4 Patriot League) concluded its season last weekend with a loss in the first round of the Patriot League Tournament to eighth-seeded Lafayette on Thursday, April 17.
- The Holy Cross doubles duo of sophomore Jaclyn Carroll (Tewksbury, Mass.) and senior Molly Montgomery (Winnetka, Ill.) won their No. 2 doubles match, 8-6. However, the Crusaders were unable to earn a point in the doubles matches as Lafayette claimed victories in the No. 1 and No. 3 matches.
- Junior Taylor Stathis (Rockaway, Beach, N.Y.) lost her No. 1 singles match, 6-0, 6-0, to Caroline Nixon, while Almeida defeated senior captain Maya Welch (Rye, N.Y.) in No. 5 singles, 6-0, 6-1.
- This season, Holy Cross was led in singles matches by the freshman duo of Virginia Peck-Philips (Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.) and Marielle Newell (St. Louis, Mo.). Peck-Philips held a record of 5-3 in No. 1 singles matches in the 2013-2014 season and finished with an overall record of 6-8. Newell finished her freshman campaign with a winning singles record at 8-6 playing No. 4, No. 5, and No. 6 singles for the Crusaders.
- The Montgomery and Carroll doubles duo completed the season with a 9-6 record, including a 6-6 record in No. 2 doubles matches and a 3-0 tournament record. Stathis and Peck-Philips finished with a 7-9 doubles record, while Welch and Newell finished the season with a record of 7-7.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's tennis team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.