WORCESTER, Mass. - Four Holy Cross women's tennis players won both of their respective singles and double matches, as the Crusaders defeated Simmons, 6-1, on Saturday afternoon at the Sinnott Family Tennis Facility. With the win, the Crusaders improve to 6-8 on the season, while the Sharks fall to 13-3 overall.
Holy Cross junior No. 1 singles player Taylor Stathis (Rockaway Beach, N.Y.) won her match over Margaret Teague, 7-6, 6-3, while Crusader freshman Virginia Peck-Philips (Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.) claimed the victory in No. 2 singles, 6-1, 6-1, over Theresa Reinhard. Stathis and Peck-Philips paired together in No. 1 doubles to defeat Teague and Meghan Cokely, 8-6.
Crusader sophomore No. 3 singles player Jaclyn Carroll (Tewksbury, Mass.) earned the 4-6, 6-4, 6-1 victory over Cokely in No. 3 singles, while senior Molly Montgomery (Winnetka, Ill.) topped Sofie Epshtein in No. 4 singles, 7-5, 6-3. Carroll and Montgomery were victorious in their No. 2 doubles match over Reinhard and Epshtein, 8-3.
Holy Cross returns to action on Sunday, April 13, when it will host Colby at 12:00 p.m.
HOLY CROSS 6, SIMMONS 1
1. Taylor Stathis (HC) def. Margaret Teague (S), 7-6, 6-3
2. Virginia Peck-Philips (HC) def. Theresa Reinhard (S), 6-1, 6-1
3. Jaclyn Carroll (HC) def. Meghan Cokely (S), 4-6, 6-4, 6-1
4. Molly Montgomery (HC) def. Sofie Epshtein (S), 7-5, 6-3
5. Rachael Downey (S) def. Maya Welch (HC), 6-4, 6-4
6. Cassy Deng (HC) def. Katie Crowley (S), 6-1, 7-6, (7-2)
1. Stathis / Peck-Philips (HC) def. Teague / Cokely (S), 8-6
2. Montgomery / Carroll (HC) def. Reinhard / Epshtein (S), 8-3
3. Welch / Katie McKenna (HC) def. Downey / Caroline Khoury (S), 8-3