Overall: 5-3; Last Week: 1-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 6, Stonehill 1, Worcester, Mass., 10/1
Holy Cross vs. Simmons, Worcester, Mass, 10/6, canceled
Schedule: 2013 fall season has concluded
- The Holy Cross women's tennis team concluded the 2013 fall slate with a 6-1 victory over Stonehill on Tuesday, Oct. 1 in Worcester, Mass. With the win, the Crusaders wrap up the fall season with a 5-3 overall record in dual matches.
- Versus the Skyhawks, Holy Cross freshman Virginia Peck-Philips (Palm Beach Gardnes, Fla.) won her No. 1 singles match, 6-2, 6-2, before teaming with junior Taylor Stathis (Rockaway Beach, N.Y.) to claim the No. 1 doubles victory, 8-0. Sophomore No. 3 singles player Jaclyn Carroll (Tewksbury, Mass.) won her match, 6-3, 6-3, while senior Molly Montgomery (Winnetka, Ill.) won her No. 4 singles match, 1-6, 6-2, 7-5. The duo of Carroll and Montgomery won their No. 2 doubles match, 8-3.
- Holy Cross freshman Marielle Newell (St. Louis, Mo.) holds the best singles record on the team at 6-2 overall. Peck-Philips ranks second on the team with a 5-3 record, while Montgomery and Carroll have records of 4-3 and 4-2, respectively.
- The pair of Montgomery and Carroll hold the best doubles record on the team at 7-2. The duo of Newell and senior captain Maya Welch (Rye, N.Y.) are 6-2 in doubles matches, while Stathis and Peck-Philips are 6-4 overall in their competitions.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's tennis team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.