October 1, 2013
Crusaders Wrap Up Fall Slate With Two Home Matches
Overall: 4-3 Last Week: 2-1
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 9, Assumption 0, Worcester, Mass., 9/25
Providence 7, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 9/29
Holy Cross 9, Curry 0, Milton, Mass., 9/30
Schedule: Tuesday, Oct. 1 vs. Stonehill, Worcester, Mass., 3:30 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 6 vs. Simmons, Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's tennis team will wrap up the 2013 fall slate with a pair of home matches this week at the Sinnott Family Tennis Facility. On Tuesday, Oct. 1, the Crusaders will entertain Stonehill (3-0) at 3:30 p.m. and will host Simmons (6-2) on Sunday Oct. 6 at 12:00 p.m.
- Last week, the Crusaders went 2-1 overall with a pair of 9-0 wins over Assumption (Sept. 25) and Curry (Sept. 30). Holy Cross was defeated by Providence on Sept. 29, 7-0. On the year, Holy Cross is 4-3 overall.
- Holy Cross sophomore Jaclyn Carroll (Tewksbury, Mass.) went 2-0 on the week in both singles and doubles action last week. Freshmen Virginia Peck-Philips (Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.) and Marielle Newell (St. Louis, Mo.) both went 2-1 in their doubles and singles matches this past week.
- Newell holds a 5-3 record in singles matches this season and is 6-2 in doubles matches when teamed with senior captain Maya Welch (Rye, N.Y.). Carroll is 4-2 in singles tilts so far this year and is 6-2 overall in doubles action with senior Molly Montgomery (Winnetka, Ill.).
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's tennis team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.