WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross women's tennis team dropped its match to Providence, 7-0, at the Sinnott Family Tennis Facility on Sunday afternoon. With the loss, the Crusaders fall to 3-3 on the season, while the Friars improve to 1-0 overall.
Holy Cross freshman Virginia Peck-Philips (Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.) lost her No. 1 singles match against Maria Clara Bernandez, 6-2, 7-5. Sophomore Taylor Stathis (Rockaway Beach, N.Y.) was defeated in No. 2 singles by Alana Prinos, 6-3, 6-1.
Holy Cross returns to action on Monday, Sept. 30 when it travels to play Curry at 3:30 p.m.
PROVIDENCE 7, HOLY CROSS 0
1. Maria Clara Bernandez (PC) def. Virginia Peck-Philips (HC), 6-2, 7-5
2. Alana Prinos (PC) def. Taylor Stathis (HC), 6-3, 6-1
3. Jennifer DeLuca (PC) def. Molly Montgomery (HC), 6-1, 6-1
4. Karen Ramirez (PC) def. Maya Welch (HC), 6-1, 6-1
5. Hannah Zangari (PC) def. Marielle Newell (HC), 6-2, 6-1
6. Olivia Hogan (PC) def. Cassy Deng (HC), 6-2, 6-1
1. Maria Clara Bernandez / Hannah Zangari (PC) def. Taylor Stathis / Virginia Peck-Philips (HC), 8-2
2. Alana Prinos / Jennifer DeLuca (PC) def. Molly Montgomery / Abby Henry (HC), 8-2
3. Karen Ramirez / Amada Pitocco (PC) def. Maya Welch / Marielle Newell (HC), 8-1