Overall: 4-6; Last Week: 2-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 7, Curry 0; Worcester, Mass., 4/6
Holy Cross 5, Simmons 2; Worcester, Mass., 4/8
Schedule: Tuesday, April 9 at Rhode Island; Kingston, R.I., 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 13 vs. Sacred Heart; Worcester, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- After losing six matches in a row, the Holy Cross women's tennis team bounced back and won a pair of tilts this past week. On Saturday, April 6, the Crusaders defeated Curry, 7-0, while on Monday, April 8, Holy Cross beat Simmons, 5-2. The Crusaders improve to 4-6 on the season.
- This week, Holy Cross will play a pair of matches beginning with a contest at Rhode Island on Tuesday, April 9 at 3:00 p.m. The Crusaders will also host Sacred Heart on Saturday, April 13 with the match starting at 1:00 p.m. at the Sinnott Tennis Facility.
- Holy Cross freshman Jaclyn Carroll (Tewksbury, Mass.) won all four of her matches this week with a pair of No. 2 singles wins and a two No. 1 doubles wins with sophomore teammate Taylor Stathis (Rockaway Beach, N.Y.) Stathis claimed a No. 1 singles victory versus Curry.
- Junior Maya Welch (Rye, N.Y.), and freshmen Abby Henry (Wellesley, Mass.), Addie Devine (Cumberland Foreside, Maine) and Cassy Deng (Eden Prairie, Minn.) all won both of their singles matches versus Curry and Simmons. Henry holds the best singles record on the team at 8-4.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's tennis team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.