Overall Record: 9-2 (0-0 PL); Last Week: 1-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 5, Endicott 2, Worcester, Mass., 3/30
Schedule: Tuesday, April 10 at Wheaton, Norton, Mass., 3:30 p.m.
Thursday, April 12 at Bryant, Smithfield, R.I., 3:30 p.m.
Friday, April 13 at Army, West Point, N.Y., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 14 vs. Lafayette, West Point, N.Y., 10:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross women's tennis team returns to action after the Easter Holiday as no events are scheduled for this upcoming week. The next Crusaders match will take place on Tuesday, April 10 at Wheaton. Match time is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. at the Clark Tennis Courts in Norton, Mass.
- Holy Cross and Wheaton have not competed against each other in a dual match in over seven seasons. Wheaton is a Division III institution and competes in the NEWMAC conference. The two have faced each other in the Wheaton Doubles Tournament in recent history, but not in a dual match setting. The Lyons currently own a 8-4 record this season, including four wins and two losses on the road.
- Following Tuesday's match will be a dual match held at Bryant in Smithfield, R.I. on Thursday, April 12. Match time is set for 3:30 p.m. at the Bryant Tennis Complex. The squads last met in the spring of 2011 with the Bulldogs earning a 7-0 victory. Bryant currently stands at 9-4 on the 2011-2012 season and will play at Fairleigh Dickinson and UMass before next Thursday's match.
- Finishing off the week will be two Patriot League matches held in West Point, N.Y. The squad faces Army first on Friday, April 13 at 7:00 p.m. before facing off against Lafayette on Saturday, April 14 at 10:00 a.m. All matches will be held at the Malek Courts. Holy Cross was swept by both the Black Knights and Leopards by identical 7-0 scores last season.
- Freshman Taylor Stathis (Rockaway Beach, N.Y.) earned the team's No. 1 singles slot in last week's action. The newcomer stepped up to the challenge, topping Endicott's Kat Cioffi in straight sets. She is now a perfect 1-0 in the No. 1 spot and is 9-3 overall in singles play this season, tying the team-high for most wins.