Overall Record: 8-1 (0-0 PL); Last Week: 1-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 8, Smith 1, Northampton, Mass., 3/11
Schedule: Tuesday, March 20 at Stonehill, Easton, Mass., 3:00 p.m.
Sunday, March 25 at Wheaton Double Invitational, Norton, Mass., 10:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross women's tennis takes a one week break before returning to action on Tuesday, March 20 at Stonehill. Match time is set for 3:00 p.m. at the Charles Watt Tennis Courts in Easton, Mass. The Crusaders will then compete at the Wheaton Doubles Invitational, hosted b y Wheaton on Sunday, March 25 at 10:00 a.m. The matches will be helped in Norton, Mass. at the Clark Tennis Courts.
- The Crusaders and Skyhawks last matched up in the fall of the 2008-2009 season with Holy Cross winning, 4-3. Current seniors Emily Marr (Jefferson, Mass.) and Carolyn Chandley (Worcester, Mass.) won their matches as freshman, taking the No. 3 and No. 6 singles contests. Stonehill will begin the spring portion of its schedule this week, playing three matches in Orlando, Fla. The Sky Hawks finished the fall season with a record of 4-1, topping conference for LeMoyne in the last contest played.
- Holy Cross has not competed in the Wheaton Double Invitational since the 2009 spring season. Marr earned a second place finish to highlight the team's results.
- The Crusaders are currently on a six-game win streak, dating back to Sept. 27. The team's eight wins are two wins shy of the program's 10 wins from the 2008-2009 season. The 10 wins are a program best in the last six seasons of play. Head coach Lisa Meola is responsible for the 8-1 record as the eight wins are season-best for her.
- Freshman Taylor Stathis (Rockaway Beach, N.Y.) continued to remain undefeated in No. 2 singles play after winning her sixth straight match on Sunday. She has an overall record of 7-1 on the season as her only loss came in a No. 3 singles match. She is 6-0 at No. 2 and 1-0 at No. 5.