Overall Record: 7-1 (0-0 PL); Last Week: 0-0
Scoreboard: No events played
Schedule: Sunday, March 11 at Smith, Northampton, Mass, 11:30 a.m.
- The Holy Cross women's tennis opens up the spring portion of the 2011-2012 season when it travels to in-state opponent Smith on Sunday, March 11. Match time is set for 11:30 a.m. at the Smith Tennis facility in Northampton, Mass.
- Smith, a Division III institution, currently stands at 3-6 on the overall season and is 1-1 in its two spring events. They most recently lost to Bates 9-0. The Crusaders and Pioneers last met in the spring of 2009, with the Crusaders sweeping the match 7-0. Current players Emily Marr (Jefferson, Mass.) and Carolyn Chandley (Worcester, Mass.) each picked up singles victories.
- The team's seven wins from the fall are the most in recent history. The last time a fall team finished above .500 was in 2008-2009 when the women went 3-2 in dual match play. The squad finished 10-8 after the spring season.
- The No. 3 doubles team of junior Jessica DeSimone (Lincoln, R.I.) and senior Emma Rudnik (Lake Bluff, Ill.) posted the best record in doubles play over the fall, going 9-2 overall. They went 7-1 in dual matches and 2-1 in tournaments. Six of their wins came as the No. 3 doubles team but they also went 1-0 at No. 2 doubles.
- Freshman Taylor Stathis (Rockaway Beach, N.Y.) proved her value to the squad in her first collegiate season, finishing with a 6-1 fall singles record. She went a perfect 5-0 at No. 2 singles for the squad.