Overall Record: 7-1 (0-0 PL); Last Week: 1-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 4, Hartford 3, Hartford, Conn., 10/18
Schedule: Fall schedule is complete
- The Holy Cross women's tennis team has now completed the 2011 fall season. The Crusaders finished with a 7-1 record, including a 5-1 record at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts and 2-0 when traveling. The spring schedule will be announced at a later date.
- The team's seven wins are the most in recent history. The last time a fall team finished above .500 was in 2008-2009 when the women went 3-2 in dual match play. The squad finished 10-8 after the spring season.
- The No. 3 doubles team of junior Jessica DeSimone (Lincoln, R.I.) and senior Emma Rudnik (Lake Bluff, Ill.) posted the best record in doubles play, going 9-2 overall. They went 7-1 in dual matches and 2-1 in tournaments. Six of their wins came as the No. 3 doubles team but they also went 1-0 at No. 2 doubles.
- Seniors Emily Marr (Jefferson, Mass.) and Carolyn Chandley (Worcester, Mass.) recorded the most wins in singles play this fall. Both went 7-1 in dual matches. Marr went 1-1 as the team's No. 2 player and 6-0 at No. 3. Chandley, who posted six straight wins in singles, went 1-0 at No. 1, 1-0 at No. 2 and 5-1 at No. 4
- Freshman Taylor Stathis (Rockaway Beach, N.Y.) proved her value to the squad in her first collegiate season, finishing with a 6-1 singles record. She went a perfect 5-0 at No. 2 singles for the squad.