Overall Record: 5-1 (0-0 PL); Last Week: 1-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 8, Assumption 1, Worcester, Mass., 10/5
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 15 vs. Wesleyan, Worcester, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 16 vs. Manhattan, Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's tennis team returns to action with two matches over the upcoming weekend. The Crusaders will host both contests at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts. Wesleyan travels first, as the team's will match-up on Saturday, Oct. 15 at 1:00 p.m. The Crusaders then host Manhattan for a noon time match on Sunday, Oct. 16.
- The Crusaders were shut out by Wesleyan last spring, falling 9-0 on the road. This was the first time the two teams have faced each other in over six years. Currently the Cardinals are 3-1 on the season as Saturday's match concludes the fall slate for them. Sophomore Grace Smith has the best record in singles play so far, owning a 13-3 record overall.
- This will be the first meeting between Holy Cross and Manhattan since the spring season of 2008. On Feb. 9, 2008, Holy Cross won against the Jaspers 5-2 on the Holy Cross Tennis Courts. No current Crusader has faced the Jaspers. Manhattan currently holds a 2-2 record on the fall and will host St. Francis (N.Y.) before making the trip to Worcester.
- Holy Cross is currently on a three-match win streak. The last time the Crusaders put together three wins in a row was during the fall of 2008. Holy Cross won its matches against Hartford, Stonehill and Assumption before falling to Albany. The 2008-2009 squad finished with a 10-8 record and was the last team to finish above .500.
- Senior Carolyn Chandley (Worcester, Mass.) continues to impress on the court as she has won all of her singles matches this fall, leading the squad with a 6-0 record. Her six wins are eight shy of her career-best 14 wins which she tallied as a freshman. She finished her rookie season with a record of 14-10.