WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross women's tennis team earned its second straight 7-0 win against Anna Maria, sweeping all matches at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts. With the decision, the Crusaders improve to a record of 2-0 on the fall while the AmCats go to 1-2. Five singles players earned 6-0, 6-0 straight set wins.
The Crusaders took two 8-1 victories in the No. 1 and No. 2 doubles matches. Seniors Meaghan Fitzpatrick (Hinsdale, Ill.) and Lauren Evans (Visalia, Calif.) then teamed up for the first time this season in the No. 3 doubles contest, sweeping the match 8-0.
The seniors continued to shine as Carolyn Chandley (Worcester, Mass.), Emily Marr (Jefferson, Mass.) and Emma Rudnik (Lake Bluff, Ill.) swept the No.1, 2 and 3 singles matches by 6-0, 6-0 final scores. Sophomores Maya Welch (Rye, N.Y.) and Mary McAuliffe (Peru, N.Y.) extended their win streaks to two matches in the No. 4 and No. 5 singles competitions. Junior Jessica DeSimone (Lincoln, R.I.) rounded out the day with her first win of the season, taking a 6-0, 6-0 win in the No. 6 match.
Holy Cross hosts Providence on Wednesday, Sept. 14 for its third straight home match. The teams will face off starting at 3:30 p.m. at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts in Worcester, Mass.
1. Carolyn Chandley (HC) def. Victorie Minotti (AM), 6-0, 6-0
2. Emily Marr (HC) def. Emily Williamson (AM), 6-0, 6-0
3. Emma Rudnik (HC) def. Janice Wang (AM), 6-0, 6-0
4. Maya Welch (HC) def. Nicole Goudreau (AM) 6-0, 6-0
5. Mary McAuliffe (HC) def. Pam McWaid (AM), 6-1, 6-1
6. Jessica DeSimone (HC) def. Kelly Blake (AM), 6-0, 6-0
1. Chandley/Marr (HC) def. Williamson/Wang (AM), 8-1
2. Rudnik/DeSimone (HC) def. Goudreau/McWaid (AM), 8-1
3. Meghan Fitzpatrick/Lauren Evans (HC) def. Minotti/Kayla Buck (AM), 8-0