Schedule: Friday, Sept. 9 vs. Regis, Worcester, Mass., 3:00 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 12 vs. Anna Maria, Worcester, Mass., 3:30 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's tennis team opens up its 2011 fall slate with a home match against Regis on Friday, Sept. 9. Matches are set to begin at 3:00 p.m. on the Holy Cross Tennis Courts. The Crusaders will then play Worcester-rival Anna Maria on Monday, Sept. 12 at 3:00 p.m. at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts.
- This will be the first time the Crusaders and Pride have faced each other in over 10 seasons of tennis. The Pride were picked fifth in their NECC preseason poll and will play in matches on Saturday, Sept. 3 and Wednesday, Sept. 7 before making the trip to Worcester.
- Third year head coach Lisa Meola returns every one of her starting six from last season, only losing one letterwinner to graduation. Seniors Carolyn Chandley (Worcester, Mass.), Emily Marr (Jefferson, Mass.) and Emma Rudnik (Lake Bluff, Ill.) will fill the leadership role on the squad. The three combined for nine wins in singles play last season and teamed up for 10 wins in doubles competition as well. Marr led the squad with six wins over her junior season. Fellow senior Jen Daffron (Ramsey, N.Y.) also adds to the senior strength as she played in a career-high six matches last season.
- Five other members on the 2011-2012 roster saw action last season as sophomore Molly Montgomery (Winnetka, Ill.) looks to return to the No. 1 singles spot after going 2-14 as a freshman. Fellow classmates Mary McAuliffe (Peru, N.Y.), Maya Welch (Rye, N.Y.) and Carrie Dajani (Lake Forest, Ill.) will also look for more playing time after establishing themselves as part of the team's top singles players one year ago.
- Junior Jessica DeSimone (Lincoln, R.I.) rounds out the group of starting returners. She went 1-6 in singles action last season and combined for six wins and 10 losses in doubles play. She was also named to the inaugural Academic All-Patriot League team.