Overall Record: 2-14 (0-3 PL) Last Week: 0-2
Scoreboard: Wesleyan 9, Holy Cross 0, 4/20
Navy 6, Holy Cross 0, 4/22
Schedule: Season has completed
- The Holy Cross women's tennis team completed its 2010-2011 campaign on Friday, April 22 in the Patriot League quarterfinal round against Navy. Navy went on to fight for the championship bid, but lost to Army on Sunday. With last week's results, the Crusaders finish the season with a 2-12 overall record, including a 0-3 record in league play. The team tallied both its wins in the spring, earning a 5-4 victory over Springfield and a 4-3 win over Clark.
- Second year head coach Lisa Meola now has a record of 8-22 at the helm of the program. She will bring back all of her letterwinners in the 2011-2012 season as no players are lost to graduation.
- Junior Emily Marr (Jefferson, Mass.) had the best record in singles play on the team this season, recording a total of six wins and 13 losses overall. She went 5-11 in dual match play and 1-2 in tournament outings. Four of her wins came in the No. 3 singles spot while she went 1-5 as the team's No. 2 singles player. She now has a career record of 29-29.
- The doubles tandem of Marr and fellow junior Carolyn Chandley (Worcester, Mass.) boasted an unblemished 3-0 record in doubles play this season. The two teamed up all three times this spring and Chandley spent the first half of the season studying abroad. Marr and junior Emma Rudnik (Lake Bluff, Ill.) were the other doubles team to post a record over .500, going 2-1 on the year.
- In all, the Holy Cross tennis team recorded 17 wins in singles play and 16 wins in doubles action. The most wins came from the No. 3 singles players (five victories) and the No. 2 doubles teams (five wins).