Overall Record: 1-11 (0-3 PL) Last Week: 1-2
Scoreboard: Bryant 7, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 4/6
Hartford 4, Holy Cross 3, Hartford, Conn., 4/7
Holy Cross 5, Springfield 4, Springfield, Mass., 4/11
Schedule: Wednesday, April 13 at Endicott, Beverly, Mass., 3:30 p.m.
Friday, April 15 vs. Clark, Holy Cross Tennis Courts, Worcester, Mass., 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 16 at Connecticut College, New London, Conn., 12:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's tennis team heads into the homestretch of the season, traveling for two last non-conference matches and hosting one to wrap up the regular season. The squad plays at Endicott first on Wednesday, April 13 with matches beginning at 3:30 p.m. at the South Tennis Courts in Beverly, Mass. The Crusaders then host Clark in a rescheduled match on Friday, April 15 starting at 4:00 p.m. on the Holy Cross Tennis Courts. A match at Connecticut College completes the week's action as the team travels to New London, Conn. for a noon-time match on Saturday, April 16 at the South Tennis Courts.
- Endicott has yet to play this spring season after finishing 7-6 on the fall season. This will serve as the first meeting between the two in recent program history. Endicott's Kate Coffi has an 11-2 record in No, 1 singles play, boasting the best record on the team.
- Clark has only played one match this spring, topping Assumption, 6-3, back on March 26. This will serve as the first meeting between in the two teams in recent program history as well. Holy Cross head coach Lisa Meola is a 1998 graduate of Clark and also began her tennis coaching career there in 2004.
- Connecticut College owns a 6-9 record this year, last losing to Colby, 6-3, on April 10. They will play against Tufts on Wednesday before hosting the Crusaders. Holy Cross last played the Camels on Sept. 18, 2005. Connecticut College won the match, 4-3, taking the doubles point to secure the victory.
- Holy Cross has collected a 9-2 record against Division III squads in its last 11 meetings. The Crusaders are 1-2 against Division III squads this season, dropping decisions to Trinity and Bowdoin while winning their first match of the season against Springfield.
- Junior Carolyn Chandley (Jefferson, Mass.) and freshman Mary McAuliffe (Peru, N.Y.) each won their first matches of the spring this past week against Hartford. Chandley won again against Springfield, extending her win streak to two games in the No. 2 singles spot and now has a 2-5 record on the season.